28th January 2020 at 9:57 am #6675
Please find attached the list of National Series races we are going to target for 2020 as a club.
We have picked a different location for this years club race it is Pikeman in Rosslare – this is close by so you can go up and down in the day hope to see the sea of blue racing on the day.
• May 17th TRI795 Carlow sprint distance – great race for beginners river swim so fast
• June 13th – Westport Standard distance – lovely course, run is 3 laps in around Westport house and perfect for a weekend away
• July 12th Rosslare Standard Distance – first time this race is NS so a good one to try, this is our club race for 2019 so prizes for first WTC male and female home.
• August 2nd – Loughrea Sprint distance – this starts at 1pm so you can easily do a day trip and the course it great
• September 5th – Lost Sheep Kenmare – tough course but very rewarding and a great race to finish off the season.
To receive National Series points you must hold a racing license for Triathlon Ireland at the time of competing in the event. Triathlon Ireland Members will be able to compete for the title of National Champion.
To be considered for National series points you must do 4 NS races.
John Darcy and I are the captains for 2020 season so if any of you have any queries on participating in the NS let us know happy to talk through the detail.
Get the dates in your diaries as I am sure some of these will sell out quickly.
thanks Marie & John3rd March 2020 at 9:27 pm #6923
Just over 100 days to the Westport Triathlon National Series Olympic race and its their 10th Birthday!
It’s safe, it’s fun, ideal for those new to Triathlon and it’s a wonderful location so why not make it your weekend away!
Race entry is via the Triathlon Ireland website https://www.triathlonireland.com/Events/Race-Calendar/
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.