Sunday Mountain Run

Homepage Forums Running Sunday Mountain Run

• Author
    deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Hi All

It’s that time of the year again and the Sunday Mountain Run is back 👿

We have already had one or two trips in the hills so far and its a great way to get in some muddy winter miles, though the mountain runs are more based on time rather than distance.

So meeting this Sunday at 10am in the Lower Djouce car park for a 1:15-1:30 conversational paced run followed by coffee and cake in Enniskerry.

All welcome and there usually opt out options.

Debs

Liam Williams
    Liam Williams
    Participant

Super will see you there. Can’t wait :woohoo:

John O'Connor
    John O’Connor
    Participant

I’ll be on for that Debs, see you there.

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Well done to all out running today, we had a massive crew of nearly 20 runners and a challenging little hilly course.

With the Club dinner next Saturday we might try for a later start next week 😉

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Hi All

This weeks run is going to be a trail finding/confirming run from Ballinastoe car park (MTB Park- just keep on the road from Djouce for another 4km). It will be a hilly off road run on a new course so hopefully I wont get lost – it will be an easy run/hike 😛

Due to other commitments it will be a 10am start so that is the reason it will be very slow and steady as there will be some sore heads from the WTC dinner, me included.

So hopefully I will see a few live bodies on Sunday for what will hopefully be a stunning run.

Debs

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Hi All

This week we are back in Djouce for the Sudnay moorning run, meeting at 10am in the main car park.

All welcome, with plenty of drop out options on offer this week.

Debs

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Hi all

Sunday run is on in Djouce meeting 10am in the lower car park for a nice potter round the hills.

As always the run will be followed by coffee and mince pies in enniskerry

Debs

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Ok time to get going after the Christmas break, Sunday mountain run is back this weekend meeting in Djouce lower car park at 10am all welcome.

As always there will be coffee after in Enniskerry so bring a change of cloths.

Debs :cheer: :cheer:

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Well we had a great turnout this morning 13 in total for a run that varied in length from 10km to Darren’s 21km and everything in between. I’ll be away next week but hopefully some of my trusty runners will organise next weeks run.

So well done to Niall, Darren, Mark, Dom, Paul C, Paul, Billy, Rozanne, James, Jenny, Rob and Kevin

Debs

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Hi all

Well this week we are going to pastures new for our Sunday run. So it’s Glendalough this Sunday meeting at 10am in the main/lower car park that is the large free car park just before the Glendalough hotel. Plan is to run the miners village and spinx and perhaps a little more. There will be opt out options at around 10km.

This is a stunning run so hopefully see you all there.

Debs

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

OK after a great run last week with a good crew its time to try somewhere new but very local (to the Greystones crew).

So this week we will try Altidore/Downs Hill run which is just behind the Grove Pub in Kilpedder.

So the plan is to meet at the Grove Pub Car Park at 10am and car pool from there as there is limited parking at the entrance to the trail. Again there will be a 10km or 15km options.

For those that don’t know where the Grove Bar is just head up the Charlesland Road and go under the N11 straight through the first roundabout and just up the hill and take a right at the second roundabout and the pub is just 100m up on the right.

So hopefully see you all on Sunday

Debs

PS of course there will be coffee after and I believe the soup and sambo’s in the Grove are great.

Marie
    Marie
    Participant

Is it as hilly as last week?

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Hi Marie,

Myself and Lisa ran it this morning and its hilly but nothing like last week its all forest trail.

Debs

deborah
    deborah
    Participant

Hi All

This week we are going local and old school, so it’s the Cliff Walk from Greystones to Bray, yes and back. To add in a few extra km’s we are going to start at the small Dart carpark at the North end of the South beach in Greystones (our summer time swim spot).

So plan as always to meet up at 10am, as this is an out and back run the distance will be up to each group but will certainly be between 12-16km.

Coffee after will be in the SummerHill Café.

Hope to see a big crew again this week as we are local and not to hilly. Any queries post here.

Debs

Billy Diggin
    Billy Diggin
    Participant

Excellent – was about to suggest this route on the forum. Read my mind….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Forum Posts