Username Password: Remember me

Saturday Spins
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Saturday Spins

Re: Saturday Spins 5 months, 1 week ago #3226

• colmflood
  • Ironman 70.3
Folks,

This weeks spin is rated as medium in terms of difficulty, the routes are as follows:

9.00am Spin

Group: The early bird spin – Leader Martina Colville
Distance 65km to 75km (Will follow group 2 or 3/4 route)
Ave 26KPH

10.00am Spins

Group 1 New to Tri / Recovery Group - Leader – Brendan Buck
Distance - 45km
Av - 20-22 KPH

Ashford, Wicklow Town, Brittas Bay, Jack Whites, N11, Tap Pub, Deputy's Pass, Glenealy, Mill town lane, Ashford

www.mapmyride.com/ie/wicklow-l/new-to-tr...ay-j-route-309604977

Group 2 John Darcy & Colm Flood
Distance: 68km
Av 24+KPH

Ashford, Bel Air, Glenealy, Turn Left before Rathdrum, (L1152 Sign posted Barndarrig) 2nd turn right, drop down to Lions bridge (Careful on steep decent)Meeting of the Waters, Woodenbridge, Aughrum, Turn left in Ballinaclash, Greenan, Rathrum, Glenealy, Burke Oil, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/360968703

Group 3 & 4 - Leader - Owen Morris & Dave Gillespie
Distance 80km
Av 26+KPH

Ashford, Bel Air, Glenealy, Turn Left before Rathdrum, (L1152 Sign posted Barndarrig) 2nd turn right, drop down to Lions bridge (Careful on steep decent)Meeting of the waters, Woodenbridge, Aughrum, Turn left in Ballinaclash, Greenan, turn right and then left Glenmalure Golf Club (Baby Shay) Laragh, Annamoe, Killiskey, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/361017497

Group : Long & Steady 100km – Leader Linus Devlin

AV 26KPH
Route: Will follow 3 / 4 route but will branch off at some stage to cover the additional mileage.

Group 5 - 100km - Leader – Noel Conway & Ronan Short

Av 28+kph

Re: Saturday Spins 5 months ago #3274

• colmflood
  • Ironman 70.3
Folks,

Detailed below are the routes for Saturday, we are looking to align the cycling with the weekly running session, so we are classing this week as very hard (10 out of 10). However we are moving away from classing the difficulty of the cycle based entirely on the number of climbs, but instead we will be basing it on the level of effort / intensity of the cycle.

We have re-introduced a separate Group 3 as we were conscious that there was a big jump between Group 2 and the combined Group 3 / 4.

9.00am Spin

Group: The early bird spin – Leader Gabby Dillon
Distance 65km to 75km (Will follow group 3 or 4 route)
Ave 26KPH

10.00am Spins

Group 1 New to Tri / Recovery Group - Leader – Darren Stanley
Distance - 45km
Av - 20-22 KPH

Ashford, Bel Air, Glenealy, Deputy's Pass, Jack Whites, Brittas Bay, Wicklow Town (Port Road), Rathnew, Hunters, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/ie/wicklow-l/ashford-b...ck-w-route-317211169

Group 2: Leader John Darcy
Distance: 60km
Av 24+KPH

Ashford, Rathnew, Rathdrum, Avoca, Redcross, N11 (Lil Doyles), Tap, Deputy’s Pass, Rathnew, Coast Road take turn after Hunters, Cullenmore Bends, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/363645603

Group 3: Leader Colm Flood
Distance: 65km
Av 25+ KPH

Ashford, Bel Air, Glenealy, Rathdrum, Avoca, Redcross, Turn Left At Barndarrig, Next Right, Turn Left past Kilmacurragh entrance, L1152 towards Rathdrum, Glenealy, Rathnew, Coast Road take turn after Hunters, Cullenmore Bends, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/363634177

Group 4 Leader - Owen Morris & Dave Gillespie
Distance 75km
Av 26+KPH

Ashford, Killiskey, Annamoe, Laragh, Rathdrum, Avoca, Redcross, Turn Left At Barndarrig, Next Right, Turn Left past Kilmacurragh enterance, L1152 towards Rathdrum, Glenealy, Burke Oil, Mil Lane, Ashford

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/363631495

Group : Long & Steady 100km – Leader Linus Devlin

AV 26KPH
Route: Will follow route 4 but will branch off at some stage to cover the additional mileage.

Group 5 - 100km - Leader – Noel Conway & Ronan Short
Av 28+kph

Re: Saturday Spins 4 months, 4 weeks ago #3294

• borzi
  • Olympic Triathlon
Been doing the Saturday spins with Wicklow Tri nearly 6 years now, but had never been to Mary's crescent until today .... but hey it was worth the wait !!!

Great spin today in Group 3 - thanks Colm - can't wait to see where it'll be next week !!!!

Re: Saturday Spins 4 months, 4 weeks ago #3296

• Marieb
  • Ironman
too funny Brendan - I think Mary Cresent should be added to the treasure hunt clues for next Xmas - see if anyone can find it.

Defo a 10 out of 10 route today - new hills I didnt realise existed and to top it off the boys decided to extend the route to 70km to make sure it was a 10 out of 10 - have earned my wine this evening Well done Colm & John

Marie

Re: Saturday Spins 4 months, 4 weeks ago #3297

• anthonyf
  • Olympic Triathlon
Really enjoyed Group 2 today and meeting the group - cheers John and all. Apologies for no legs come the second set of intervals.

Re: Saturday Spins 4 months, 4 weeks ago #3299

• grykyo
  • Ironman 70.3
Marieb wrote:
10 out of 10 - have earned my wine this evening Well done Colm & John

Marie

10's all around today then! Early bird was great today but again beyond my talents! Only managed to fall (topple) off twice on the hill to Red Cross, no witnesses... Phew! I was over the moon I could still see Gaby when she got to Burkes!

Thanks early birds!

Garry
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds