For any new members joining the Saturday cycle please see a list of useful tips below:
1) The Saturday cycle commences at 10.00am Saturday morning in Ashford at Chester Beatty’s, there are a number of groups which cater for a broad range of cycling ability.
2) The easiest group is the ‘New to Tri / Recovery group’. The distance is between 45km - 50km (Duration 2hrs – 2.5hrs) and is designed to teach you how to ride a bike in a group, improve your bike handling skills and enjoy getting fit.
3) Keep an eye out for the cycle routes and assigned leaders which will be published on the forum no later then Friday morning.
4) Please bring spare tubes (not already repaired), tyre levers, pump, a fully charged mobile phone your bike must be in full working order with tyres pumped and brakes working.
5) Bring water and food that you can drink & eat when you are on the bike (Banana, Fig rolls, Cereal bar etc)
6) Very importantly bring money for coffee! We head across to Mount Usher for a coffee after the cycle it’s a good opportunity to meet other members of the club.
7) It is compulsory that helmets are worn for all Wicklow Tri Club cycling activities and the rules of the road must be obeyed at all times.
8) If driving to Chester’s please note that we currently do not have use of a car park, but there is on street parking in Ashford. Please ensure that no valuables are either left or visible in your car