Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Ladies Social Spin 4 Oct

Re: Ladies Social Spin 4 Oct 04 Oct 2014 17:51 #5586

• Heidijo
  • Heidijo's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 44
We were very lucky with the weather (it was my rain dance last night that sealed the deal)and had about 16 lovely ladies on the Inaugural Ladies Social Spin.

We started out at a nice sociable pace and lots of chat could be heard in the group which was great. Some faces not seen in these parts much lately came through the up-and-overs and we all got a little catch up.
Our first coffee break was at Laragh and what a fabulous morning for a spin and coffee and cake!

After a quick photo we split into 2 and off we went again up to Anamoe. Unfortunately on the kicker after the turn Gill's chain stuck and she landed heavily on her knee. With the help of resident medic Jenny she was well looked after until help arrived. THe update on Gill is that she is in a brace and on a crutch and hopefully that is all she needs but if it doesn't ease she will go for an MRI. Lets hope her a speedy recovery.

We booted down Killisky enjoying the breeze in our flowing locks with big smiles across our faces :silly: and rolled into Ashford for the second coffee/cake/lunch stop.

Great craic along the way and good banter. Thanks girls for the positive feedback and it was a really enjoyable spin. Be it the first of many!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Ladies Social Spin 4 Oct 04 Oct 2014 19:50 #5588

• kgraham
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 57
Loved the spin today and yes your rain dance did help, roads were dry. Fantastic company. We'll repeat so those missing can join us next time - Gaby, Corrina, Janine, Kate, Annie and co. Let's stick to the plans and try and get out a bot over the winter so we'll be grand for the 'big' race next summer!! Kx

Getting back into it.....

Re: Ladies Social Spin 4 Oct 06 Oct 2014 10:44 #5618

• AmandaMannix
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Heidi for organising the spin. It was great to meet new people and catch up with the old. Great craic and yummy cake & coffee in Laragh.

Looking forward to the next one!

Re: Ladies Social Spin 4 Oct 08 Oct 2014 09:24 #5671

• Kate
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 29
Sounds great, I would love to join you ladies for the next spin.

I am sold on the coffee and cake in Laragh!

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds