Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: FREE TURBO CLASSES

FREE TURBO CLASSES 04 Nov 2015 12:40 #8224

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
I know you addressed your question to John but based on my experience of these sessions I would politely suggest that you're thinking a bit too much about the numbers :whistle:

The Turbo sets are not easy and the sessions are long (group setting helps IMO). It will take you a few weeks to settle in and translate the numbers into the effort levels that you will be able to sustain both during the intervals and the whole set. If you have a computer or watch and a HR strap it will help you to know what sort of effort you are putting into the pedals and how consistent you are across the set but like I say, the first few will be an experiment!

Personally I have only good to say about John's Turbo class. Give it a go and see what you think but defo bring towels and lots of water :huh:

Garry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FREE TURBO CLASSES 04 Nov 2015 23:38 #8228

• Paul Evans
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 27
A Turbotastic evenings training !!14 members in attendance ....a great session ...thanks John :)

FREE TURBO CLASSES 05 Nov 2015 10:58 #8229

• Orla MCA
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 13
this was my first EVER turbo session....and it was brilliant!!.....everyone should give it a go.......dont be worried if you havent a clue about turbos as John knows everything.
Many thanks John for a great session and looking forward to next week!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp

FREE TURBO CLASSES 05 Nov 2015 11:21 #8230

• audreyp
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 44
Thanks for the responses John & Garry. And thank you very much John for last nights session.
I found it great, not as torturous as I expected so that is good.

Looking forward to the next one and really expecting it to magically fix my cycling ability (or lack of ability!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: grykyo

FREE TURBO CLASSES 05 Nov 2015 12:27 #8231

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111

audreyp wrote: Thanks for the responses John & Garry. And thank you very much John for last nights session.
I found it great, not as torturous as I expected so that is good.

Looking forward to the next one and really expecting it to magically fix my cycling ability (or lack of ability!)

It might be a good idea to remember that phrase for later in the year when I suspect it will be a little different!

Some sets are so exhausting that I find myself driving home along the M11 at about 50kmh, totally shell-shocked!

If you can stick it out for the winter you won't know yourself come next race season. Aside from the conditioning from the sets I personally find that I learned a huge amount about how hard I could push myself physically and mentally which is pure gold dust when we go to race.

Well done all, I'm sorry I couldn't make it now, sounds like an other good one!

Garry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans

FREE TURBO CLASSES 05 Nov 2015 12:44 #8232

• Macy
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 19
I am hoping to re-organise a few things to be able to make this class. However, I'm kind of torn between really wanting to do them, and thinking am I nuts! Can I just check is it 7.30-8.30 or 9?

Any recommendations on a turbo - missed the Aldi one, is this Halfords one up to standard? www.halfords.ie/cycling/turbo-trainers-n...gnetic-cycle-trainer I think I can get a lend of one in the short term.

Thanks,

David

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds