Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Bike Interval Training Wednesday

Bike Interval Training Wednesday 15 Apr 2015 09:48 #6570

• anthonyf
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 29
Also I know Garry and I talked about it briefly after swim on Tuesday but any pointers appreciated here. When JD says ride just below the redline what are we talking about - my pacing felt all off last week. This is my first season trying to train using a power meter so I am wondering is the redline your Lactate Turnpoint? Or something else. Will ask JD tonight but any opinions are appreciated. Ta!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike Interval Training Wednesday 15 Apr 2015 10:48 #6572

• Colm Flood
  • Colm Flood's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 100
Anthony, I have a very unscientific response but it might help to illustrate the point. When you are doing a Saturday spin & u start to do fast up & overs from Glenealy church to c500m before Burke oil this should be just below the redline i.e it is sustainable but you are under pressure to keep that tempo / pace, with c500m out & U start to sprint then u are going above the red line, I.e you blow up if u try to hold that pace for more then 500m.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthonyf

Bike Interval Training Wednesday 15 Apr 2015 12:22 #6575

• dilipi04
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 21
Can I presume meeting point is the new apple green, as opposed to the Rathnew apple green?

Bike Interval Training Wednesday 15 Apr 2015 12:50 #6576

• anthonyf
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 29
yep.

Bike Interval Training Wednesday 15 Apr 2015 15:50 #6577

• audreyp
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 46
Thanks very much Garry! Taking your advice and getting my bike sized tomorrow. Hoping for a big difference. I will give the intervals a go next week (weather permitting!) I might try to have a go at them myself before then so I have a small bit of practice. Quite nervous going fast so probably just have to get over that!

Thanks!

Bike Interval Training Wednesday 15 Apr 2015 16:30 #6578

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 113
Good news on the bike fit Audrey. It is a science with a fair dollop of witch craft and expertise in equal measure. Dom in B2R fitted me ages ago and I thought he was pure mad. It took a week or two to settle but I take it all back as he managed to stack a load of counter intuative compromise together and get a result. Beyond my pay grade!

As in my last post, there were all levels of strength and confidence last week so don't be put off. There is sound science behind high intensity intervals so can't do you any harm either I guess.

Meeting a couple of others at Garden Village roundabout @ 18:10 to cycle down if anybody is keen. Nice looking evening so sun's out, guns out and all that :woohoo:

G
The following user(s) said Thank You: audreyp

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds