• Page:

TOPIC: Slippery Kerbs Ashford

Slippery Kerbs Ashford 27 Aug 2015 19:18 #7835

• Colm Flood
  • Colm Flood's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 100
Just a reminder that once there is any rain the kerbs in Ashford by Chester Beatty's become very slippery, we had a faller last Saturday and I am sure we will have a few more over the Winter months, if you want to avoid having a crash the best thing is to dismount before the kerb, alternatively for the more competent bike handlers just pop you front wheel over it so it makes no contact with the kerb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Slippery Kerbs Ashford 28 Aug 2015 14:10 #7841

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 113
Absolutely!
Also be aware that diesel carried out both sides of the filling station forecourt is beaten into the surface and like glass whenever the weather is wet. No need to ask how I know...

Garry

Last Edit: by grykyo.

Slippery Kerbs Ashford 16 Nov 2015 08:39 #8318

• Macy
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 19
Came across this thread yesterday. Unfortunately, that was a day too late for me, but thought I'd give it a bump anyway to maybe save someone else!

Slippery Kerbs Ashford 09 May 2016 17:51 #9765

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
Folks,

It's that time of year again, every year we have a number of members who fall on the kerbs at Ashford, so please be warned if there has been any rain, the kerbs tend to be extremely slippy. Please see my post from last year, below.

"Just a reminder that once there is any rain the kerbs in Ashford by Chester Beatty's become very slippery, we had a faller last Saturday and I am sure we will have a few more over the Winter months, if you want to avoid having a crash the best thing is to dismount before the kerb, alternatively for the more competent bike handlers just pop you front wheel over it so it makes no contact with the kerb"

Also be aware that diesel carried out both sides of the filling station forecourt is beaten into the surface and like glass whenever the weather is wet.

Colm.

WTC Safety officer

Last Edit: by Colm Flood.

Slippery Kerbs Ashford 10 Nov 2016 21:47 #11081

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
Folks,

It's that time of year again, every year we have a number of members who fall on the kerbs at Ashford, so please be warned if there has been any rain, the kerbs tend to be extremely slippy. Please see my post from last year, below.

"Just a reminder that once there is any rain the kerbs in Ashford by Chester Beatty's become very slippery, we had a faller last Saturday and I am sure we will have a few more over the Winter months, if you want to avoid having a crash the best thing is to dismount before the kerb, alternatively for the more competent bike handlers just pop you front wheel over it so it makes no contact with the kerb"

Also be aware that diesel carried out both sides of the filling station forecourt is beaten into the surface and like glass whenever the weather is wet.

Colm.

WTC Safety officer

Slippery Kerbs Ashford 11 Nov 2016 12:35 #11083

• The Champ
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 17
All,

Similar Topic - If anyone is biking on the road between Laragh - Rathdrum - Rathdrum - Laragh - The road is extremely slippy due to fallen leafs and wet roads making it pretty tricky to handle - Take your time on the corners.

I had a near miss during the week nearly ending up in the ditch...

Regards,
Rob

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.378 seconds