• Page:

TOPIC: Charity Cycle This Sunday

Charity Cycle This Sunday 03 Sep 2015 12:51 #7868

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 5
If anybody is looking for a good spin this Sunday a group in Dublin Fire Brigade have organised a charity cycle in aid of a DFB firefighter
full details below and on the gettingiantonewyork facebook page. I was talking to Liz today and sounds like it is a well organised event !!!!

Fundraising Cycle: 30k and 100k options available
The focus of the day will be fun!!!!

Just to fill you in on a few details of the reason for the cycle; as many of you are aware my brother in law; Ian McCormack, aka 'Froddo', was diagnosed 21/2 years ago with a terminal brain tumour. It has always been a dream of his to see New York City, and with that in mind Selene Joyce, started a fundraising campaign a few weeks ago. To help this fundraising along, there will be a charge of €20 per cyclist or sponsorship cards will be available to anyone who would like one. We hope this will be a fun day for everyone involved, so share it with whomever you think would like to join in.
Registration on the day and also online:
store4969098.ecwid.com/#!/GETTING-IAN-TO...86/category=12533162
The routes for the cycles will be added shortly.
Thanks
Liz

Hi Everyone,
Thanks very much for your support so far, just a couple things that need to be covered ahead of Sunday's cycle. I have outlined the timetable for the event below and there are a few safety points detailed also.
Timetable for the Event:
09:00-10:15 Registration
10:00 Safety briefing for Motorbike marshals and Road Captains
10:15 Introduction to group and safety briefing for all participants
10:30 Departure of 90k Route Cyclists with 2 DFB support vehicles and 3 Motorbike marshals
10:35 Departure of 30k Route Cyclists with 2 DFB Support Vehicles and 3 Motorbike marshals.
11:30 approx Water and refuel at Tallaght Fire Station (on 30k Route, 19k)
12:00 Onwards: Return of 30k Route cyclists; the group will be staggered, with the back support vehicle remaining behind the last cyclist.
13:00 approx Water and refuel at Cullens Pub, Ballyknockan (60k approx)
13:45 Onwards: Return of the 90k Route cyclists; the group will be staggered, with the back support vehicle remaining behind the last cyclist.
(Please note the water stop times and return times are approximate, the van with the food and drinks will not leave until the last cyclist of each group has reached the stop point, so don't worry, you won't be left behind)
Some Important Safety Notes:
All cyclists must wear the following:
· - Helmets – All cyclists must wear fastened helmet
- Closed Shoes – Fully closed toe shoes are required to cycle i.e. no sandals, flip flops, high heels
- Bright clothing – All cyclists will be issued a high visibility sur-coat at registration.
· No cyclist will be allowed take part in the event if they do not comply with the above safety regulations.
It will also be recommended that each cyclist:
· Carry a minimum of two spare tubes that fit their bicycle tyres.
· Wear cycling shorts for comfort
· Carry at least one water bottle & cage on their bike.
Have a Saddle Bag fitted on their bike to carry tubes, snacks, phone, wallet etc.
Please ensure your bike is road worthy and fit for the distance chosen.
Final Points
Please note that the roads are NOT closed and the rules of the road must be adhered to at ALL times.
- Please follow the directions given to you by the Cycle Marshals, Motorbike Marshals and lead and rear drivers, they are there for your safety.
If you have any further queries please contact me here, thanks. Also, if you could email me at gettingiantonewyork@gmail.com, I will forward the Safety Statement and Risk Assessment to you.
Now that's all the formal stuff out of the way, thanks in advance to everyone for taking part, I hope it will be an enjoyable day for everyone involved.
See you all on Sunday
Thanks
Liz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds