Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Saturday Cycles version 2

Saturday Cycles version 2 20 Jan 2018 09:28 #13513

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 100
Folks,

The 9.00am spin didn't head out this morning due to the weather and myself, John Darcy & Linus are not going to head out at 10.00, so I would recommend that you do likewise, but if you do plan to head out, you will need to find your own way around the route, enjoy.

Colm
The following user(s) said Thank You: trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Saturday Cycles version 2 20 Jan 2018 12:10 #13514

• trevor
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 5
I was on way down and phone died so didn't see message but on way down went through a good number of minor partial road flooding areas (ie very big puddles and some where across one lane of old N11) My intention was to tell anybody who turned up that mad to go on spin and that if they considered no wind low temperatures and light to heavy rain were bearable the big puddles / local flooding would not be.
Unfortunately, due to these areas my travel time even in a car was increased massively and I arrived as those that were mad enough to go were just leaving.
Hope all ok that did go out and that they enjoyed their spin in a somewhat masochistic way.
Looking forward to when the bad weather moves along from interfering with Saturday spins.

Saturday Cycles version 2 25 Jan 2018 19:03 #13537

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
D

Last Edit: by Colm Flood.

Saturday Cycles version 2 25 Jan 2018 19:07 #13538

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
Folks,

The routes for the Saturday the 27th of Jan are detailed below, I have kept them reasonably flat as I am concious that lot of members have not have an opportunity to get on their bike for a number of weeks, due to the poxy weather :( . Please remember to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the spin to allow for sign on

Group 1 : New2Tri (Sign on 9.45am - Departs 10.00am)
Leader: Dave Gillespie Dan Brennan
Distance 45km

Ashford, Wicklow Town, Brittas Bay, Jack Whites, N11, Tap Pub, Deputy's Pass, Glenealy, Mill town lane, Ashford

www.mapmyride.com/ie/wicklow-l/new-to-tr...ay-j-route-309604977

Group 2: (Sign on 9.45am - Departs 10.00am)

Leader: John Darcy / Rob Clarke
Distance 55km

Ashford, Rathnew, Hawkinstown Road, The Tap, N11, U turn Arklow Rugby Club, N11, Coast Road, Brittas Bay, Wicklow Town, Port Road, Rathnew, Ashford

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1917358898

Group 3:(Sign on 9.45am - Departs 10.00am)[/b]
Leaders Colm Flood
Distance: 70km

Ashford, Mill Lane, Rathdrum, Avoca, Arklow Main street, N11, Deputy;s Pass Bel Air, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1852942571

Group 4: (Sign on 8.45am - Depart 9.00am)
Leaders Gaby / TBC

Typically will split into 2 Groups and one Group will do the Group 2 route and the other will do the Group 3 route.

Group 5 (Sign on 9.45am - Depart 10.00am)

Leaders: Linus
Distance 70km

Ashford, Mill Lane, Rathdrum, Avoca, Arklow Main street, N11, Deputy;s Pass Bel Air, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1852942571
The following user(s) said Thank You: fiRed

Last Edit: by Colm Flood.

Saturday Cycles version 2 27 Jan 2018 19:42 #13554

• JDarcy1
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 165
First spin of New Year for me with Group 2 today . We had 10 in the group , we split it into 2 .The route was fairly flat (thanks Colm ) but a bit windy . Just having 5 in a group is hard work as there is nowhere to hide , but the group worked well and finished on an average of 24.7 kph ,
This is a good start to your training , as the weather has been awful and a lot of people have been sick.
So keep it up , see you next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: audreyp

Saturday Cycles version 2 31 Jan 2018 21:50 #13598

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
Folks,

The routes for this Saturday the 3rd of Feb are detailed below, just a few reminders:
- Remember to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the spin to allow for sign on.
- If you are interested in supporting Corinna doing the Ice Mile Swim in Lough Dan on Saturday, there is a group talking about starting their cycle in Roundwood at 8.15am & then heading to Lough Dan on their return, keep an eye on the forum, for further details.
-

Group 1 : New2Tri (Sign on 9.45am - Departs 10.00am)
Leader: Paul Evans / Owen Morris
Distance 50km

Ashford, Mill Lane, Deputy's Pass, Right Turn Bee Hive, Three Mile Water (Humby's Garage), Brittas Bay, N11, Bee Hive, Hawkstown Road, Rathnew, Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/1865360999

Group 2: (Sign on 9.45am - Departs 10.00am)
Leader: John Darcy / Rob Clarke
Distance 60km

Ashford, Rathnew, Port Road, Brittas Bay, Jack Whites, Redcross, Avoca, Rathdrum, Glenealy, Mill Lane, Glenealy, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1881993803

Group 3:(Sign on 9.45am - Departs 10.00am)

Leaders Colm

Ashford, Rathnew, Port Road, Brittas Bay, John's Town, N11, Jack Whites, Redcross, Avoca, Rathdrum, Glenealy, Mill Lane, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1881997478

Group 4: (Sign on 8.45am - Depart 9.00am)
Leaders Gaby / Martina
Distance: 60km /70km

Typically will split into 2 Groups and one Group will do the Group 2 route and the other will do the Group 3 route

Group 5 (Sign on 9.45am - Depart 10.00am)

Leaders: Linus
Distance 70km

Ashford, Rathnew, Port Road, Brittas Bay, John's Town, N11, Jack Whites, Redcross, Avoca, Rathdrum, Glenealy, Mill Lane, Glenealy, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1881997478

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds