Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Saturday Cycles version 2

Saturday Cycles version 2 12 Aug 2016 08:31 #10518

• JDarcy1
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 138
Hi Group 2, I will not be available for this Sat 13 and 20 August. Have a good spin. John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Saturday Cycles version 2 12 Aug 2016 10:48 #10519

• OwenMo
  • OwenMo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi All,
Good luck to all competing in the Caroline Kearney tomorrow and the 70.3 Dublin on Sunday.
I’m assuming we will have very reduced numbers….
The following are the routes for tomorrows cycle 13th August 2016.

I’m only putting two routes up - both have bailout options. Group 1 hasn’t had enough for the last few weeks so If there are any recovery riders (NTT) group 2 should do and you can skip Shay Elliot if needed…

Also hills should be the order of the day for the next while with a large crew going down to the Lost Sheep in September… so we’ll start nicely with Shay…

Group 2/3 (Owen (I know it's not JD but will have to do!) / Colm) 10am 66k
Ashford - miltown lanne - glenealy - rathdrum - vale of clara - left up Shay Elliot - Glenmalure - Grenane - Rathdrum - towards glenealy - right at bridge L1152 - Left for Kilmacurragh - Beehive - top of Marlton - rathnew - ashford.
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1152006064

Group 4 (Gaby/Martina) 9am 77K
Ashford - miltown lanne - glenealy - rathdrum - vale of clara - left up Shay Elliot - Glenmalure - Grenane - Rathdrum - towards glenealy - right at bridge L1152 - Barndarrig - N11 - jack white’s - turnaround - N11 - beehive - top of Marlton - rathnew - ashford.
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1213083583

Weather: Bright tomorrow with sunny spells and dry apart from a few passing showers. Highest temperatures of 17 to 20 degrees in light breezes

Enjoy,
Owen

Saturday Cycles version 2 18 Aug 2016 15:51 #10537

• OwenMo
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Hi All,
The following are the routes for Saturday's cycle 20th August 2016.
In honour of the 1983 Triathlon I've put Devils Glenn on the route ...
If they could get up it with less gears and dodgy hair how can we not!!
Leader's needed as many away doing Triathlons (Tri the Hook etc...)

Group 1 (Recovery)
AShford - Hunter's Hotel - Rathnew - wicklow (port road) - Coast road - Brittas - jack Whites - Straight Through Roundabout -
Right for Barndarrig - Left for the Tap - Ballinclare Quarry - Deputies pass - Glenealy - Burke Oil - Miltown Lane - Ashford.
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1223603281

Group 2/3 (??? /Colm) 66k
Ashford - Nun's Cross - Devil's Glenn - Annamoe - Larragh - Left at Bookies Bridge - Left at Croneybyrne -
Right At T Junction to Moneystown - left L2116 to Glenealy - right to Deputies Pass - Ballinclare quarry -
the Tap - The beehive - Deputies Pass - Glenealy - Burke Oil - miltown lane - Ashford.
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1223571328

Group 4 (Gaby/Martina) 9am 77K
Ashford - Nun's Cross - Devil's Glenn - Annamoe - Larragh - Left at Bookies Bridge - Left at Croneybyrne -
Right At T Junction to Moneystown - left L2116 to Glenealy - right to Deputies Pass - Ballinclare quarry -
the Tap - The beehive - Deputies Pass - Glenealy - Burke Oil - miltown lane - Ashford.
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1223571328

If group 3/4 want to increase distance just add on 10k at end (Coynes cross loop) or Extend down to Jack Whites ...

Weather: Windy and very wet, with showers or longer spells of rain, heavy and thundery at times and with a risk of some spot flooding. A few bright spells, but mainly cloudy and misty. Top temperatures just 15 to 18 C., in fresh to strong and gusty westerly winds. The rain or showers will tend to die out overnight.

Hopefully the weather is lying!! If not we can always use the routes for the following Saturday ... and stay in bed.

Enjoy,
Owen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans

Saturday Cycles version 2 19 Aug 2016 11:17 #10541

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 80
Hi Owen,

I am away this weekend, so unfortunately I am not available to lead a group.

Colm,

Saturday Cycles version 2 20 Aug 2016 07:27 #10549

• OwenMo
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Hi all,
Given the wind and rain I won't be going out this morning. There''s a yellow wind warning for wexford wirh gust of up to 90kph...so i'd say we're close enough to that here in wicklow ...
Tomorrow morning looks better and i'll be going out from Ashford at 10 if anyone is interested.
Stay safe,
Owen

Saturday Cycles version 2 21 Aug 2016 13:01 #10550

• OwenMo
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Hi all,
To quote Major Quimby 'don't write checks your butt can't cash'
With this in mind, myself and Mark Doyle did Saturday route this morning ... weather was perfect, DG was brutal but at least Mark waited at the top...
See ye next week.
Owen

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds