TOPIC: Saturday Cycles version 2

Saturday Cycles version 2 15 Jan 2017 16:08 #11501

• OwenMo
  • OwenMo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 17
Sorry Dave,
If you look closely on the mapmyride link I included my cycle from Wicklow to Ashford and back ... so my bad.
Will add on 8.4k next week no problem...
Delighted your numbers are swelling...
OwenMo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Saturday Cycles version 2 17 Jan 2017 11:09 #11511

• Rocky
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm hoping to make it out this Saturday as I heard there was a lot of whinging. I'm hoping to stir as much shit as possible and was wondering which would be the best group to join for this? I'll be bringing my shit stirring spoon.

Saturday Cycles version 2 19 Jan 2017 20:58 #11533

• OwenMo
  • OwenMo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi all, Below are the routes for Saturday the 21st January. Obviously they're weather dependent so might need some amendment if there's ice. (also no need to map up and down N11). I've shortened the New to Tri group 1 route as requested but I've left Aidan's notes, Group 5 is a little bit longer that the last few weeks but it is good to get over the 100! isn't it?

Group 1 Ciara O'Neill 51K
Group spin 3 hours steady 70-80% HR easy gears 80-90rpm. 3 x 3 mins during spin heavy gear on drags in saddle low cadence.
Ashford - Coynes Cross - Newtown - Woodstock Lane- Kilcoole - Rathnew - Glenealy - Deputies Pass - Beehive - Top of Marlton - Rathnew - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1419485593

Group 2 John Darcy 83k
Group spin 3 ½ hours steady at 70-80% HR 80-90 rpm. 4 x 3 mins during spin heavy gear on drags in saddle low cadence 50-60rpm with HR no higher than 85%. 1 x10 mins on flat near end of spin High tempo work at 80-85% hr 90-100 rpm ie group roll through up and over every 5 mins at most. Drink and eat plenty.
Ashford - Rathnew -Turn Left - hunters - Killoughter - Next Left - Coynes Cross - Ashford - Killeskey - Left at Ballyduff cross - Annamoe - Larragh - Rathdrum - Deputies pass - Ballinclare quarry - the Tap - Jack Whites - Coast Road - Vartry Garage - Top of Marlton - Rathnew - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1418285446

Group 3 Colm 93k
Group spin 3 ½ hours steady at 70-80% HR 80-90 rpm. 4 x 3 mins during spin heavy gear on drags in saddle low cadence 50-60rpm with HR no higher than 85%. 1 x10 mins on flat near end of spin High tempo wotk at 80-85% hr 90-100 rpm ie group roll through up and over every 5 mins at most. Drink and eat plenty.
Ashford - Wicklow - Coast Road - Arklow - Inch - Fruit Farm Roundabout - Inch - Arklow - Woodenbridge - Avoca - Rathdrum - Glenealy - Burke Oil- Miltown Lane - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1381984972

Group 4 Gaby/Martina 93k 9am
Group spin 3 ½ hours steady at 70-80% HR 80-90 rpm. 4 x 3 mins during spin heavy gear on drags in saddle low cadence 50-60rpm with HR no higher than 85%. 1 x10 mins on flat near end of spin High tempo wotk at 80-85% hr 90-100 rpm ie group roll through up and over every 5 mins at most. Drink and eat plenty.
Ashford - Wicklow - Coast Road - Arklow - Inch - Fruit Farm Roundabout - Inch - Arklow - Woodenbridge - Avoca - Rathdrum - Glenealy - Burke Oil- Miltown Lane - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1381984972

Group 5 John O'C/Linus 104K
Ashford - Belair - Glenealy- Rathdrum - Balinaclash - Aughrim - Tinehealy - left for the 'Gap' - Keep left at fork for Killinieren - Fruit Farm Roundabout - Inch - Arklow - Woodenbridge - Avoca - Redcross - N11 - Beehive - Top of Marlton - Rathnew - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1418248126

Weather: (Met.ie)Saturday and Sunday will both be mainly dry days, with some sunshine at times, but cold each day, with top temperatures generally just 3 to 7 C
Wrap up and enjoy.
Owen

Last Edit: by OwenMo.

Saturday Cycles version 2 20 Jan 2017 09:31 #11534

• trevor
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 2
Just a word of warning for group 5. I live in Redcross and road has been scraped back and resurfaced for small section from roughly where you turn from Avoca road to nearly where the bridge is heading away from Avoca towards Barndarrig direction. If wet it will be slippy. In addition there is now a lovely pot hole on LHS close to approach to small bridge as you leave Recross. (nb bridge is not one in Redcross near shop but one in hollow as you come out of Redcross to then head up hill towards Barndarrig). At the moment pot hole partially hidden by loose fill they have placed in it. It may still be there tomorrow it may have been repaired just be aware as would be in line of inner group cycling.

Saturday Cycles version 2 20 Jan 2017 11:26 #11535

• anthonyf
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 23
Also, just to add - take it handy around Annamoe - greasy roads.

Saturday Cycles version 2 20 Jan 2017 16:27 #11537

• Buzbyjnr
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 83
ah well, Redcross out of bounds, we'll just have to do the N11 home then so...

Growing old is Mandatory.... Growing Up is optional.....
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds