Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Lunch & Learn - Bike prep and emergency repair Nov 26th

Lunch & Learn - Bike prep and emergency repair Nov 26th 26 Nov 2016 19:30 #11190

• Valerie
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 0
Agreed Edwina! I thought I knew how to fix a puncture but I realise now I was making things very difficult for myself, normally have tyre levers flying everywhere. Thanks Garry!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lunch & Learn - Bike prep and emergency repair Nov 26th 26 Nov 2016 20:31 #11191

• grykyo
  • grykyo's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
Hey, I'm delighted if you got anything from today. I think Fiona taking tyres off and refitting them with bare hands and no levers proves that a little calm and know how goes a long way.
We covered all the usual failures and lots of detail and Q & A so it was a long session. No reason for people to feel anxious and hopefully better awareness and basic prep. I enjoyed the workshop, well done all for sticking it out and the two participants who had to fix a rear wheel puncture on the way home!

G
The following user(s) said Thank You: FionaKelly

Lunch & Learn - Bike prep and emergency repair Nov 26th 28 Nov 2016 12:45 #11194

• FionaKelly
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 11
Thanks Garry, you have the patience of a saint and your session was really helpful!

Sure if I can change a tire anyone can :p

Lunch & Learn - Bike prep and emergency repair Nov 26th 28 Nov 2016 12:52 #11195

• grykyo
  • grykyo's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111

FionaKelly wrote: ...Sure if I can change a tire anyone can :p

One could easily ready my last all wrong :whistle: actually complimenting your skills!

We must set up a contest between you a few of the lads in the club who weren't there. I resisted the temptation to walk over to assist in any way, you had it nailed. The only problem now is the dangerous precedent you set by cleaning your bike!

Garry

Lunch & Learn - Bike prep and emergency repair Nov 26th 28 Nov 2016 12:58 #11196

• FionaKelly
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 11
Well look if anything my tire changing skills were a source of good entertainment for the group :)

A boys V girls competition would be great!

It was a great sponge bath for my bike but I wasn't brave enough to take it apart fully just yet!

Lunch & Learn - Bike prep and emergency repair Nov 26th 29 Nov 2016 17:43 #11199

• JanineT
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 6
Garry,

Thanks for running the class last weekend - very useful. Nothing like a test at the end to make sure we were paying attention! :lol:

Janine

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds