TOPIC: Cycling Study Volunteers

Cycling Study Volunteers 13 Jul 2017 08:26 #12701

• Ciaraoneill
  • Ciaraoneill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 203
Hi guys

Eanna McGrath has been in touch with us, looking for volunteers (under 40) to participate in a cycling study. See attached poster below for details and contact Eanna directly if you’re interested.

He also sent us a few additional details in relation to the level required and the timelines.

From Eanna …..

The study will include male and female cyclists and triathletes. The age restriction is there because the study protocol requires maximum effort exercise *medical ethics committee approval was only given with this condition attached*. Please consider this carefully, it is not easy and I wouldn't like anyone volunteer without giving the strenuous nature of the testing serious consideration.

The level of the athletes is termed "competitive" rather than only elite. To give you an immediate idea, this might be a CAT 2 cyclist, or a triathlete who trains on their bike 2-3 days per week and is competitive in their respective age group (on the bike). If you can give me an idea of your level, i.e. you meet this criteria, it would be very helpful.. This can be a race result, a pb time trialling, a previous exercise test, wattage achieved in a training or racing environment etc. etc.

I am obliged to randomly select 40 participants who meet these criteria, ideally 20 of both genders.

Testing will be starting next week and continue into November and December. I would suggest timing testing with your respective race calendars in mind. I can liaise with you on this front if you wish. The four tests are done 7-days apart, i.e. four tests in four weeks.

File Attachment:

File Name: Cycling-testing.pdf
File Size: 128 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds