Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Saturday Spins

Saturday Spins 03 Jul 2016 10:33 #10279

• FionaMcB
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 14
Well said Audrey :)
Would definitely spend a few hours with you anywhere on a spin for the good company! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: audreyp
The topic has been locked.

Saturday Spins 03 Jul 2016 13:44 #10282

• JDarcy1
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 138
Hi All ,
As one of the recipients of the recent post from Michael Pearce ( before it was withdrawn ) I feel I have to address the issues he raised as Group 2 was specifically mentioned.
1. Michael refers to target speeds for the groups , these are actually posted as average speeds .
For example an average speed of 24/25 kph which is posted for group 2 can mean depending on terrain and weather conditions
anything from 22 kph to 28 kph.
In my experience as leader of Group 2 for last eight years all these speeds have been attained.
In yesterdays conditions people were able to chat while maintaining an avg speed of 26 kph. This is a speed which is frequently attained by Group 2 on a flat spin.
Group 2 always regroups after hills , both up and down . people are waited for at junctions , but it has to be borne in mind that this is peoples main spin of the week ,it is training , not a social spin , at this level it is expected that everyone can eat and drink on the bike and maintain the Group pace.
On yesterdays spin a cyclist who was off the group pace was accompanied home by another group leader.
If anyone is unhappy with the leadership of Group 2 they are very welcome to take the position .

Saturday Spins 03 Jul 2016 14:09 #10283

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
John, as I tried to explain yesterday, my post wasn't meant as a criticism if any one person, least of all you. I sincerely apologise if you felt that was aimed at you.

I fully accept that this was the wrong way in which to raise concerns I have about how we as a club are working in groups.

Again, apologies to anyone offended.

Saturday Spins 07 Jul 2016 18:57 #10308

• OwenMo
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 17
Hello there all,
The routes for Saturday the 9th July are below. Group 1 is an easy flat route (might suit those racing on Sunday) Does anyone what to volunteer to take??? Group 2/3/4 includes the Shay Elliot (the easier way) but I was very nice to you last week .... :evil:

Remember to familarize yourself with the routes before heading out as at this time of year as group leaders can't be guaranteed...

WTC group 1: new to Tri (ANY TAKERS???) 10am
Ashford - belair - glenealy - deputy's pass - beehive - n11 - jack whites - beehive - top of marlton - rathnew - ashford.
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1152016699

WTC Group 2/3 (John D/Colm/) 65k 10am

Ashford - miltown lane - glenealy - rathdrum - around village - clara vale - left for SHAY ELLIOT - glenmalure - grenane -rathdrum - L1152 - kilmacurragh - beehive - top of marlton - rathnew - hunters hotel - ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1152006064

WTC Group 4 (Gaby/Martina) 65k 9am
Ashford - miltown lane - glenealy - rathdrum - around village - clara vale - left for SHAY ELLIOT - glenmalure - grenane -rathdrum - L1152 - kilmacurragh - beehive - top of marlton - rathnew - hunters hotel - ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1152006064

Weather: A warm day but also quite a windy day (35kph SW) with heavy showers or longer spells of rain. There will be some sunny spells also. Maximum temperatures generally around 20 degrees but up to 23 or 24 degrees in sunshine. Fresh southwesterly winds will be strong around the coastline with rough seas and also a risk of choppy conditions on lakes.

Good luck to all racing or marshaling this weekend.
Enjoy,
Owen

Saturday Spins 07 Jul 2016 20:23 #10309

• JDarcy1
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 138
Sorry, but unable to take Group 2 this week. Any takers?

Saturday Spins 07 Jul 2016 21:58 #10310

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 80
Hi Owen,

I am going to add an extra 15km onto Group 3, so it will be 80km approx, I hope you are ok with this :) the route will be as follows:

Ashford - miltown lane - glenealy - rathdrum - around village - clara vale - left for SHAY ELLIOT - glenmalure - grenane -clash, Avoca, Redcross, N11, Tap, Deputies. Bel Air, Ashford.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1152221476
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds