Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Bike - To Buy

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 13:07 #6988

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 113

Martina wrote: Hi Veronica, it's too late for this weekend but if you are interested in a second hand bike (Felt) which is a small fit I'm off loading mine...it would be a good starter bike and I'm not looking for much for it. You'll need to leave it in to a bike shop just to get a few bits done but I can talk to you about that if you're interested. It's a shimano 105 groupset...well a good bit of it :dry: Anyway if you want to get a look at it let me know & no worries if you don't.

This is sounding like the best option so far! If you are tempted but a bit anxious about cleats then I have a pair of flat pedals which you can borrow/use with or without toe-clips (old fashioned straps). I could fit them for you in less than five mins if you are anywhere near Wicklow, Greystones or Bray?

Garry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Veronica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 13:10 #6989

• Veronica
  • Veronica's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 16
Hi Martina,

I'd be interested in seeing this. Are you around this week at all? Any pics?

I've arranged to look at this other bike in Skerries on Friday but would feel happier buying from someone through the club rather than a total stranger. www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/great-...ure/9447521?offset=2

If you want to contact me about it my number is Zero86 three9945zero9 and we can arrange to meet up and discuss $$$ etc :)

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 13:20 #6990

• Veronica
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Thanks Garry

Def does seem like the best option - The other bike is a medium frame and despite her partner being a bike mechanic there is not a whole lot of info about it. I would prefer to buy a second hand bike from someone in the club too rather than a total stranger.

I will let you know how I get on with Martina. The offer of the pedals sounds great as I don't fancy ending up in a ditch on my first triathlon trying out a new bike with cleats!!! Although if I do buy Martina's bike, it needs a shop visit so may be pushing it for Saturday!!!

Cheers

Veronica

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 15:49 #6992

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 99
Veronica,

If you are swimming tonight catch up with me ref the "Done Deal"bike, I would have a few concerns.

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 16:18 #6994

• Veronica
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Hi Colm

yep I'll be swimming this eve so chat to you then.

Thanks

Bike - To Buy 01 Oct 2015 10:47 #8054

• Veronica
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Hi all

My sister is looking to pick up a second hand road bike - She is a bit taller than me (5ft 7 ish I'd say) so not sure what size frame she would need. If anyone is selling their bike or knows of a suitable bike for sale please let me know. I don't think she wants to pay a huge amount - It would be an entry level bike.

Thanks

Veronica

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds