Delighted to say that tickets are now on sale for the Number 1 event on the Wicklow Tri Club social calendar – Awards Night 2017.
This year, we’re relocating to the swish settings of the 5-star Druids Glen Resort, near Newtownmountkennedy, on the evening of Saturday November 11th.
Your ticket will cover a Prosecco reception upon arrival, dinner, wine and a DJ to keep you dancing until the early hours of the morning. For those who haven’t been before, we use this occasion to celebrate the club’s achievements throughout the year, awarding such prizes as National Series Athlete of the Year, Most Consistent, Most Improved, Rookie of the Year, Club Race / Time Trial / Aquathon winners, etc. along with loads of other novelty awards as well.
Tickets can be purchased via our online store (
) and we need to have the numbers finalised by the end of October, so buy them now before you forget. The night isn't just restricted to members, so feel free to buy tickets for partners and friends as well. If you're new to the club, it's the perfect chance for you to meet your clubmates, so we’d love to see you there. You might even win a prize on the night too
It's always great craic and a chance to ditch the lycra for something a little fancier, so sign up now!!!!
Druid's Glen have reserved a small number of rooms for attendees to the Awards Night at a reduced rate of €185 per room for bed & breakfast. Rooms are in high demand though, so unfortunately they can only hold them for us until this Monday. After that, they'll be on sale to the general public at the full price. So if you're interested in booking accommodation, just call the hotel directly.
Also, a reminder that we'll need to have final numbers for the hotel by the end of October (it's fast approaching!!), so don't forget to buy your tickets as soon as possible. As usual, non-members are also very welcome, so feel free to pick up tickets for friends & partners as well
Hope you all have your dancing shoes ready for tomorrow evening. We have over 100 people going this year, which I think is a record number, so it's shaping up to be a brilliant night
Just a few things to know ....
- We're kicking off with a Prosecco reception at around 7pm, with dinner starting at 7:45pm.
- Dress code is formal. Most of the lads opt for black-tie, but a few wear suits instead.
- If you didn't buy a ticket because you've other plans, feel free to pop along to join us for a drink and a bit of dancing later in the evening. The more the merrier!
- We'll be holding a raffle in aid of Pieta House, with all donations being completely voluntary. There'll be envelopes on the table, so if you want to contribute, then pop your donation into an envelope. Any amount accepted! You're under absolutely no pressure to donate though guys, so please don't feel like you have to do this. We're only letting you know in advance in case you want to bring along a few extra euro. Nicola has sourced some excellent prizes for the raffle, which we'll tell you more about tomorrow.
- Finally, remember that it's in Druid's Glen, which is between Kilcoole & Newtown. If you end up going to The Glenview, then you'll be gate-crashing someone else's party!!
See you all tomorrow
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveMcD, Paul Evans, Martins
What a great night we had at our annual awards dinner in Druid’s Glen last night. We certainly are a good looking bunch once we abandon the lycra A massive thank you to Nicola for organising it all and to MC Des for being our host for the evening. Also, many thanks to Dave McDonald for compiling the slideshow, to Chris for being our photographer and to all the sponsors for raffle prizes - Amphibian King, Base2Race, Super Valu Greystones, Mitchell Wine Merchants, The Happy Pear.
Our award winners for 2017 were .....
Clubperson of the Year: Ciara O’Neill
Best Male Athlete: Noelie Kavanagh
Best Female Athlete: Gaby Dillon
Most Consistent Male: Liam Williams
Most Consistent Female: Fiona McBride
Most Improved Male: Colm Flood
Most Improved Female: Fiona O’Byrne
Male Rookie of the Year: Oscar Christie
Female Rookie of the Year: Fiona Alston
Male Club Race Winner: Michael Pearce
Female Club Race Winner: Lisa Bishop
Male TT League Winner: Joe Sheehy
Female TT League Winner: Nicola Crean
Male JD Classic Winner: Joe Sheehy
Female JD Classic Winner: Edwina Beirne
Male Aquathon Winner: Brendan Buck
Female Aquathon Winner: Amanda Mannix
Couple of the Year: Dan & Noelle Brennan