• Page:

TOPIC: Alp's trip 2018

Alp's trip 2018 20 Nov 2017 14:08 #13305

• Big Mig
  • Big Mig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm organising a cycling trip to the Alps next year from 8th to 16th of June.
Maximum of 10 places available.
I've been asking some people as I've seen them and so far have 6 definite and 1 probable places gone.
Anyone interested in the remaining spots needs to contact me asap as I'll be booking flights early next week to be sure of getting everyone's bike on the flight! Aer Lingus will take 10 only.

The trip consists of 6 days guided riding the Col's of the Tour with minibus backup every day so no need to carry anything. Possibility of catching a stage of Criterium du Dauphine if the route is close by.
Half board with a snack when you get back every day. Hot tub for aprez bike. Wednesday off to do as you please (we went white water rafting last time) You are very well looked after while there.
It's centre based so not moving from place to place every day.

Cost is about €1250 which includes flights. This may vary a little at time of booking.
I will organise everything. Contact me on here or 0866033405 if you would like more information.
Here's a load of photos of last time.

www.flickr.com/photos/125757856@N03/with/14536354174/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Big Mig.

Alp's trip 2018 21 Nov 2017 09:58 #13306

• Big Mig
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
Here's a good little video of what to expect. I'll be using Classic Cycling Tours which is the same as this.
The Montvernier climb in the middle if the video is something else! and on the bucket list for next year :-)

www.facebook.com/167868076559955/videos/1762151700464910/

Alp's trip 2018 28 Nov 2017 10:21 #13316

• Big Mig
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
Booking flights for this on Thursday.
There's still a couple of places available if anyone is interested. It's a very mixed group and a cycling holiday, not a training camp.
Everyone climbs at their own pace and there's no pressure. If you're not too confident going downhill the minibus is always there (some of the last group I brought used the bus a few times). Steve our guide will also teach you how to do it if you're willing to learn.
It's a really good week and something you'll always remember.
Makes watching the Tour de France on TV a few weeks later more interesting as you'll have cycled the very same roads yourself.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds