• Page:

TOPIC: Embarassing newbie questions!

Embarassing newbie questions! 29 Jan 2018 12:50 #13571

• Noelle
  • Noelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 52
So since I’ve become gear officer I find people are asking me some of those oh so embarassing questions for which i have no answer!! I’m really talking about ladies issues! Is there somewhere where people can ask or would the really experienced ladies like to answer. Like do you wear a sports bra under your Tri suit?? What about chafing???? Saddles????? Just thought I’d throw it out there as i have signed up for an actual triathlon so I kinda want to know myself!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Noelle.

Embarassing newbie questions! 29 Jan 2018 14:30 #13574

• FionaKelly
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 13
************ DISCLAIMER - GUYS LOOK AWAY NOW***************

Hi Noelle,

Ah sure look we have all been there so never feel embarrassed about asking these type of questions, I still remember my first cycle and being told commando is the way to go (and my God were they right)

So to your first question - sports bras .... Each to their own here, I suppose it goes down to your level of boobage... just remember you do need to run (unfortunately) so wear whatever bra you would normally wear for your runs under your tri suit.

Yep chafing is a really thing! Invest in some good chamois cream for preventing chafing on your lady bits (sorry lads, I did say look away) and then use body glide for other areas where you feel you are getting rubbed by your wet suit. I would advise taking your tri suit for a test spin in advance of your first tri so you can see how you feel after ( You may feel like John Wayne for a few days but it does get easier with time)

Saddles are very much down to personal preference. Some people are made of tough stuff and a normal road saddle is fine for them. There are lady specific saddles and maybe see if you can borrow one from a friend and see if you like it before you invest as they can be expensive. Selle Diva saddles seem to be pretty popular among the ladies (without getting into specifics there is a space for your bits that helps alleviate pressure from said area)

Always free to ask any lady member and you will always be given very honest/ graphic advice

#ladyissues

Embarassing newbie questions! 29 Jan 2018 14:33 #13575

• Noelle
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
Thanks Fiona!!! Honesty is always best!!

Embarassing newbie questions! 29 Jan 2018 14:57 #13576

• Noelle
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
The current chafing kit(see photo) anything to add??
Attachments:

Embarassing newbie questions! 29 Jan 2018 18:45 #13577

• fiRed
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 15
Think you good to go there Noelle

Embarassing newbie questions! 29 Jan 2018 20:21 #13578

• Alston
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 7
There’s a good FB page Women For Tri where you’ll find literally every question you’ve thought about asking but just haven’t found the right wording for!! If ye can’t find it give me a shout and i’ll add you.
In failing that I highly recommend getting stuck on the side of a road with Fiona Kelly and Gill Carthy, while someone changes a tyre, you learn a lot!! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noelle

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.156 seconds