• Page:

TOPIC: Wicklow Tri Spring Duathlon Series Reminder

Wicklow Tri Spring Duathlon Series Reminder 13 Feb 2018 16:49 #13646

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 246

JennyD wrote: Hi Martina
I'm a very new newbie. Please could you add me to the list for the 3 duathlons? Sophie forwarded me the email and I just replied this morning. Do we just pay on the day of the first one?

That's great Jenny, we'll add your name to the list. Regarding payment, I've set up an option in our online store here . It'll save us handling cash on the day! Just select 'Duathlon Series' from the dropdown, add it to your basket and then log in to pay (the page will give you the option to set up an account for the online store if you don't already have one).

All contributions will be donated to Wicklow Hospice, so even if people aren't planning to take part in the duathlons, they can still make a donation if they wish. Also, it's not actually compulsory to pay if you're racing, so please don't let this put you off. We know that people have a lot of expenses, so there is no pressure to donate. We're just using it an opportunity to raise some funds for a worthy cause.

Details regarding the route will be posted later this week.

Participants
Jamie Bray
Tony Salmon
Dan Brennan
Darren McBride
Christine Gleeson
Toni Llovera
Corrie Adams
Brendan Buck
Kieran Morrisroe
Anthony Finn
Dan McCarthy
Orla McAndrew
Sophie Imarzouk
Alan Earls
Dave Gillespie
Caitriona Woodcock
Chris Budde-Petch
Stuart Dwyer
Amanda Mannix (maybe)
Jenny Dickson

Damien Coyle (won't make the first one, but interested in Duathlon 2 & 3)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JennyD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wicklow Tri Spring Duathlon Series Reminder 15 Feb 2018 13:50 #13652

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi guys

As you know, the first duathlon in our spring series takes place this Sunday 18th February. We are looking forward to welcoming everybody to what is a new event for the club and which is aimed at encouraging participation. It's not too late to sign up, so you can either email us or add your name to this forum thread. Martina has put a MASSIVE amount of time into organising this event for our club, so we're hugely grateful to her for that :)

This post has information around the logistics. Please read carefully and familiarise yourself with the important details. This is a fun event with a healthy level of competitive edge but key to everybody's enjoyment is making this a SAFE event which respects the community, the participants and the marshals.

This event is taking place in a scenic location which is accessed by members of the public. The Roundwood and District Community Council has been involved, in conjunction with Irish Water, in developing paths around the reservoir. The work is ongoing and is due to finish spring/summer 2018.You are asked to respect members of the public accessing the area and please do not litter. And yes, banana peel is litter!

Parking:
You are asked to park in Roundwood village. There is plenty of parking in the village particularly on the left hand side, just before the Coachman's pub. There is NO parking at the Reservoir. Please park in the village and cycle the short (5-7mins) to the Knockraheen entrance to the Upper Vartry Reservoir. The Knockraheen entrance is on the Newtownmountkennedy Road (R765) - you can't miss it!

Start time:
Registration opens at 8.00am - you must have your Triathlon Ireland card with you (or email confirmation proving TI membership if your 2018 card hasn't arrived yet) - no TI card, no race
Transition opens at 8.00am
Transition closes at 8.30am
Competitor briefing at 8.45am
The race will commence at 9.00am sharp

Race Information:
There is information about the race route in the document attached. Further information will be given at the race briefing.

Donations
We are suggesting an optional entry price of €15 to participate in the series. This money will be donated to Wicklow Hospice. Donations are payable via our online store ( here ).

Marshals:
A number of people have very kindly offered to help with the organisation and marshaling of this event. This is very much appreciated and we will be in touch with you separately in relation to roles and responsibilities.

Following the event we plan to go for coffee and a chin wag to the Coachman's pub in Roundwood

Please keep an eye on the forum for any updates. It just remains to wish everybody who participates a very safe and enjoyable race.

File Attachment:

File Name: WTCSpringDuathlonSeries2018.docx
File Size: 290 KB
Attachments:

Last Edit: by Ciaraoneill.

Wicklow Tri Spring Duathlon Series Reminder 16 Feb 2018 08:59 #13658

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi guys

As you’ll have seen in my other post , we’ve made a decision to cancel this Sunday’s duathlon in Roundwood, as a mark of respect following the sad and untimely passing of Noelie’s younger brother, Sean Kavanagh. The route is right beside the Kavanagh’s home, so I’m sure you’ll understand our reasons for doing this.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds