• Page:

TOPIC: Celtic Warrior 70.3

Celtic Warrior 70.3 04 Aug 2018 19:06 #14593

• fiRed
  • fiRed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 15
I went up to Lilliput this morning to do the Celtic Warrior 70.3 not knowing quite what to expect. It's a full weekend of events, it had a really relaxed atmosphere and a lovely buzz about the place. You even have the option of registering on the day of your chosen event which I did once the water quality was deemed safe for swimming. Transition is relaxed and slightly more informal so you can choose where to rack your bike and how much space you need for all your gear.

The Swim:
It's a 2 lap swim of the lake which was lovely and calm. The swim start/finished had been moved to where the water quality was superior which resulted in a longer walk (not really suitable for running) back to transition. The walk was worth it to be able to swim. Also to note swim caps are not supplied so bring your own!!!

The Bike:
There is a 1.5k cycle down to the start of the cycle loop, which is 29k, so 3 laps and then the 1.5k cycle back to transition. Whilst the cycle is not on closed roads the roads were extremely quiet and any cars that came along were patient - makes a nice change. Route is well sign posted and there are marshals on almost every junction. Nice rolling course, water station at the end of each lap.

The Run:
The run consisted of 4 loops with a water/feed (jellies) station at the end of each lap. The first 500m of each lap are off road and the remaining is on a nice quiet road. 2 "bumps" and the rest fairly flat.

Overall this is a well run event and you get not 1 but 3 medals (one for each discipline) which interlock together plus a nice slate finishers plaque. It's great for anyone looking to move up to olympic or half distance (or full but that a lotta laps). And would be lovely to see some WTC people there next year so I won't be Billy No Mates.

fiona
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JennyD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by fiRed.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds