• Page:

TOPIC: Cheering station for Dublin 70.3

Cheering station for Dublin 70.3 13 Aug 2018 18:11 #14643

• Crean
  • Crean's Avatar Topic Author
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 10
Going to set up a ‘cheering station’ on Sunday to boost all participants, especially WTC members on their bike course this Sunday. Just checking road closures and times and will post again soon, but the aim is to meet at the lay by at the early part of the Sally Gap climb before Luggala just below Pier Gates. We are hoping to bring up the bbq and feed the support crew! Would love to get as many people as possible up there for support and a bit of craic on the day. I will be bringing up bbq and banners etc before road closures with some very helpful members and then others can cycle up and meet us there. Will just check what time we will need to be there from so as not to miss anyone and let people know ASAP. Hope to see as many people as possible there. Thanks. Nicola
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthonyf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cheering station for Dublin 70.3 14 Aug 2018 14:44 #14647

• anthonyf
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 29
Cracking idea Fiona, can ye make sure you've got mini-booourrrgers so I can fit them in me pockets for snacking after the climb? Or an auld stool for a sit down and a bit of a feed. Nice one.

Road closure is 7:30 to 11:45 I think btw.

Last Edit: by anthonyf.

Cheering station for Dublin 70.3 16 Aug 2018 20:42 #14654

• Crean
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
OK so it looks like the roads are closed from 0730 so I will be through the barricades and setting up by then. I will have the bbq, music and bacon butties for supporters. I am sure that people will not be stopped cycling through after 0730. Maybe park outside Roundwood somewhere and cycle up or cycle up from Ashford?

The first pros would be expected about 0815 so be there early if you don’t want to miss any action. I have attached a map and highlighted where on the road I think I will be! Just keep going up that road until you see and hear me.

Look forward to seeing as many people as possible there. It will be great to give all competitors, especially club members our support for a few hours. Thanks.

Nicola
Attachments:

Cheering station for Dublin 70.3 17 Aug 2018 15:49 #14659

• anthonyf
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 29
If I take a bacon sangich and cuppa tea is that deemed 'assistance' resulting in a DQ?

Cheering station for Dublin 70.3 17 Aug 2018 18:55 #14660

• fiRed
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 15
Depends who sees you....

Cheering station for Dublin 70.3 17 Aug 2018 21:49 #14664

• Crean
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
Anthony,

Firstly, I am very disappointed to hear talk that you are contemplating outside assistance, shame on you! Secondly, there will be no bacon butties for those who call me Fiona!! Best of luck and I’ll see what I can muster up on the day;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds