Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
A section dedicated to newcomers. There's no such thing as a stupid question, we were all beginners once!

TOPIC: Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions!

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 07 Oct 2015 20:56 #8112

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 99
Just a reminder that the New to Tri spins will commence on Saturday, so hopefully we will see lots of new faces down at Chester Beatty's in Ashford at 10.00am. If you are a novice cyclist it is worth flicking through this post, Garry pulled together lots of useful information around Bike maintenance, riding in a group, what to wear, nutrition etc etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 20 Oct 2015 12:08 #8174

• grykyo
  • grykyo's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 113
For some of our newer and possibly more shy Saturday Cyclists here is a freshly published video from GCN talking about group cycling and etiquette.

The most likely mechanical to stop you on your cycle will always be a puncture. They happen and such is life! Do you know what to do? Do you carry spares and can you use them?

If there is an appetite for a tutorial session I am happy to run through the road-side puncture repair ahead of next Saturday's cycle? Please say so here today or tomorrow if you would like to do a tyre repair at circa 9:30 in Ashford so I can ask Colm to include instructions on his Thursday routes post.

Garry

Last Edit: by grykyo.

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 27 Oct 2015 13:24 #8194

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
I notice that the guys in Global Cycling Network appear to have produced a series of videos aimed at the novice to group cycling. I posted their last vid which was a summary of common etiquette and general group cycling good manners tips in my last.

Here is an other one worth watching if you're new to group cycling. It covers a lot of stuff that is obvious as you watch the video but not stuff that always comes naturally to a novice.

As my Granny used to tell me, "knowledge is no weight to carry". It certainly won't burdon you to have a glance so enjoy this group riding and safety tips and avoiding hazards video:

Garry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 27 Oct 2015 20:52 #8195

• Rosey1
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry only saw this post now, but yes, I would be interested in learning about bike mechanics, if the offer is still on!

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 27 Oct 2015 21:04 #8196

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
Oh Dear... timing!

Unfortunately I will miss the next two Saturday cycles so how about we assess the New to Tri group for interest and shoot for Nov 21st before the NTT group sets off? If there is interest I am happy to do a front and rear puncture repair demo.

Can I ask if the NTT group can chat about this and post up here please & thanks. Garry

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 30 Oct 2015 15:11 #8208

• audreyp
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 46
Thanks Garry just catching up on the new videos now. I didn't know lines on the road were slippy!

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds