Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
A section dedicated to newcomers. There's no such thing as a stupid question, we were all beginners once!

TOPIC: Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions!

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 11 Dec 2015 18:35 #8522

• grykyo
  • grykyo's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 113
We've had a pretty bad run of luck with weather these last few weeks which I guess means that winter is here. I have to think back to a comment from our own Anne on one of my earlier Group 2 cycles as we struggled into wind and driving rain between Clara Lara and Rathdrum; "There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes" Anne said.

This is true in so far as there are fantastic clothes available and these will proof us from pretty much all weather eventualities but sometimes there is no way to describe the weather except for bad! Sorry, I have said it and it's out there now. With the obvious exception of dangerous conditions there is no reason why we can't actually wrap up and get the winter miles in. Once again I will defer to the lads in Global Cycling Network and their YouTube videos. This one covering winter gear, what to look out for, how it should fit and how it will work. Click on the go button below and see what they have to say.

Only this year I decided to retire my wrinkley old ill-fitting and scruffy black bike leggings to the bin and replaced them with a set of our own club bib-tights. One or two people had told me that they are about as comfy as one will get in winter gear and so far I concur 100%. They really are a good fit and like a fleece on the inside... I recommend! Talk to Dan (our club gear person) if you have any questions.

See you somewhere cold, wet or windy sometime soon!

Garry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Veronica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by grykyo.

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 04 May 2016 22:02 #9719

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 99
I thought I would dig this thread up again, Garry had compiled lots of useful cycling related videos which newer members might find useful, in addition all members (especially Des :) ) should have a look at this newest video from GCN "How to read the road for safer cycling"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans

Last Edit: by Colm Flood.

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 11 Oct 2016 21:18 #10878

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
Holy thread revival Batman!

For a change somebody only had to ask me once and I remembered! Here you go Karen and Fiona, the "Oh so embarrassing cycling questions" thread bumped back up the forum and to save you a ton of reading (Fiona), a LINK directly to a post with recipes... enjoy!

Garry
The following user(s) said Thank You: FionaKelly

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 12 Oct 2016 08:25 #10879

• FionaKelly
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 12
Thanks Garry! I think you should make samples for everyone this weekend to see what we like best :)

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 12 Oct 2016 13:06 #10882

• audreyp
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 46
For any brave ladies out there.. Came across this today!

www.casquette.co.uk/know-how/2016/10/7/c...art-of-the-quick-pee

Saturday cycle? Those oh-so embarrasing questions! 02 Dec 2016 13:04 #11212

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
This thread is very long and is one for browsing in front of the fire on long winter evenings but the lads in GCN have come up trumps again. This newly published video hints at some of the things not to do. Last week we were talking about some of the (who ever made these up???) Rules of Cycling and a couple of these are covered in this. Enjoy!

Garry

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds