• Page:

TOPIC: Tri an Mhi Race Report

Tri an Mhi Race Report 18 May 2013 22:13 #1129

• dhough
  • dhough's Avatar Topic Author
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 1
Great racing from Wicklow in Tri an Mhi today in really bad weather conditions. Adam kelly was 10th, Noelie was 14th, Liam Williams won his age group, I came 6th and came 3rd in my age group, I think Jim won his age group not 100% sure. Also not sure about Gabs but she had a great race. Well done to Anne McGrane and John Bowes on completing their first 1/2 ironman! Here is a brief race report:

Swim: we all thought the swim would be cancelled as it was so cold but it turned into a 700m swim which I was happy about as swimming isn't my strongest. Wasn't too cold but I think I have above ave body temp as I don't seem to feel the cold. It was mayhem, everyone was on top of each other but it was over in 15mins!

Bike: its a tough bike course with a lot of hills and the rain certainly didn't help. Lots of crashes and people pulling out due to the cold. Jen Duffy who won the race got hit by a car and ended up on her back on the road, she managed to get back on the bike though and win the race! I passed Jim at one point who was at the side of the road fixing his chain, he came flying past me shortly after that though! I lost focus at one point and went into a ditch and then couldn't get my cleets back into the pedals as I was on a hill and it was so wet. Also dropped my full bottle of carb drink. Came in at 2.53 so was delighted, 11 mins faster than last year

Run: Another hilly course and my aim was to pace it as I died at 16k last year. It worked as I felt really strong at the 16k mark and upped the pace for the last 5k to come in at 1:45, 10 mins faster than last year. Passed Jim on the run and he was not happy at all about this, he'll be out to get me now at the next race!

Next up, Kenmare, more hills, more training needed. Well done to everyone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Tri an Mhi Race Report 18 May 2013 23:04 #1130

• Darren_S
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 31
Well done Dee. Great result. Super Race report

Re: Tri an Mhi Race Report 19 May 2013 06:36 #1132

• Annieb
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 10
Well done Dee great race report.
Massive well done to all who raced it the terrible conditions, days like that you wish you were in Lanza?. :lol:

Re: Tri an Mhi Race Report 19 May 2013 07:20 #1135

• Rose
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 5
big congrats to all at Tri an Mir....Dee I think we got a good few people saying 'sod this I'm going to do Lanza next year!' :) It was a very cold and wet day and great achievement to get through the race let alone place so well.

The Wickla crew did us proud and all finished in good form. Adam put it all on the line for a great race to get his 10th place. Very impressed with him and I will remember that when I am feeling low in a race!

The event itself seemed very well organised, very welcoming and helpful organisers/marshall etc. Now they just need to get a link to the weather gods!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annieb

Re: Tri an Mhi Race Report 19 May 2013 07:22 #1136

• Rose
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 5
sorry Annie - not Dee re the Lanza bit :ohmy: :oops: :silly:

Re: Tri an Mhi Race Report 19 May 2013 07:34 #1137

• ConorF
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 38
Well done Dee, and all the other Wicklow racers :)
A rough day for a race, but we are getting used to it

Also well done to the organisers at Tri an Mhi, not an easy one to pull off B)

Lift your legs, they'll fall themselves
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds