Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: The BB is Back

Re: The BB is Back 10 Feb 2013 18:40 #387

• disabled_account-sp-1494661281
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 0
A very good workout was had yesterday at the Annacuragh Imra race with Mark and Siobhain . The run had a couple of steep hill repeats followed by an unmercyful long lung busting drag with a long fast descent to finish . Well done guys. :)next one is Trooperstown 17 feb. nice easy one :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: The BB is Back 15 Feb 2013 22:52 #411

• Jim1
  • Jim1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 6
Trooperstown here we come, this Sunday 17th February.
www.imra.ie/events/view/id/1019/
Race start is 11, slightly earlier than normal.
I've done the race a couple of times, its as savage as most IMRA runs, but it has a really steep descent near the end which is great for the adrenaline junkies!

I will be heading off from Bray, Hills Garage @ 9.00am. An hour should do it to cycle up in good time to register and warm up.

Re: The BB is Back 18 Feb 2013 00:18 #430

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Only one person (me) did the Big Brick today, but there was three Wicklow Tri competitors and one Wicklow Tri supporter at the Trooperstown mountain run today. Me, Adrian and Siobhan with Mick Heatley giving the vocal encouragement. It was a first for Adrian. I don't how he got on as I didn't see him at the finish, he was probably sitting at home in Dundrum having his lunch by the time I finished!

The results are not up as yet, but it was a good race - on balance probably one of the easier ones - still tough 10k+ though.

FYI. Mick Heatley is currently leading the over 40 men in the IMRA Winter League. He missed today because of a calf problem, so he may well have lost ground by not being able to compete, but he's doing well and flying the flag for Wicklow Tri. Lets hear it for Mick!

Re: The BB is Back 01 Mar 2013 09:50 #509

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
This Saturday is the last of the IMRA Winter League races with the Maulin Winter League Route. Kick off is at 11. I will be cycling up (not much of a Big Brick for me from Bray)leaving Hills @ 10.

Re: The BB is Back 03 Mar 2013 17:59 #543

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Great run yesterday at the IMRA Maulin Winter Route. A 7.5k lungbuster! A really tough race which I have done before, but I'd forgotten about the two lung busting very steep ascents near the end just when you think you have started your run down to the finish.

Mick Heatley and Fiona Duggan were there doing it for Wicklow Tri. Surprisingly I came 1st in my age group M50 (50-59) which also secured me 3rd place in the Winter League. Not bad for someone who is not a runner, but if you are not in you cant win! However the real good runners were absent probably doing the Debra run which was on.

The Spring League is next with 3 Saturday or Sunday races.

The Bray Head run on 24th April kicks off the Leinster League which is a series of 13 races, every Wednesday evening up to July taking place all over the Wicklow and Dublin mountains, ranging from 6k to 12k. These are really popular races and great craic!

Re: The BB is Back 27 May 2013 15:15 #1231

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
With the Time Trial League finished I can get back to doing some of the Wednesday night mountain runs with a cycle there and back making it the quintessential BIG BRICKā„¢

First up is Carrick Mountain (9.80km) on Wednesday @ 7.30pm www.imra.ie/events/details/id/1038/

I will be leaving Hills Garage, Bray @ 5.45pm. It should take about 1 hour 15 minutes to get there, plenty of time to register.

Last Edit: by Jim1.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds