Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: The BB is Back

Re: The BB is Back 19 Jan 2013 18:53 #239

• Jim1
  • Jim1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 6
Looks like it is going to be dryish tomorrow, though the run up Howth Head is going to be wet and mucky.

Me and Mick are meeting at Amphibian King in Bray @ 9.45am. That will give us plenty of time to cycle to registration which closes at 11.30am.
John, I don't seem to have the right phone number for you, mine is 086 381 7046.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: The BB is Back 20 Jan 2013 20:12 #241

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Me, Mick, John & Siobhain made the trip over to the Howth Winter Mountain Run. The latter made the trip on 4 wheels while the boys favoured just 2.

The Big Brick Boys completed a 70k+ round trip from Bray for me and John and a 120k+ round trip for Mick from Tomriland with a 5k cold, mucky mountain run in the middle.

John was first home for WTC then Mick, me & then Siobhain.

The cycle over & back was nice and flat, but particularly windy on the exposed coastal roads so was more challenging than anticipated, but all in all a great workout!
The following user(s) said Thank You: disabled_account-sp-1494661281

Re: The BB is Back 25 Jan 2013 21:46 #292

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Good luck to Mick Heatley tomorrow as he does a solo Big Brick, cycling from Tomriland to Ticknock Winter IMRA 10.2k Mountain run and cycling back to Tomriland.
That will be a workout and a half. Good Luck Mick.

Re: The BB is Back 26 Jan 2013 17:16 #295

• disabled_account-sp-1494661281
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 0
Tough brick indeed. Nice spin down with steep hill up to Ticknock. The race had extreme underfoot conditionds with flooded forest trails followed by snow on top , more flooded rocky trails and packed snow/ice on the return downhill section. A good few runners fell .No one hurt too bad i hope.loraine Crean was there too enduring the harsh conditions. Anyway the cycle home was
laboured . Anyway the bricks are a good stamina building exercise. Next one 9 th feb Annacurragh. Recommended :)

Re: The BB is Back 27 Jan 2013 12:14 #307

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Well done Mick. The race sounds like Hell & Back without the Bells & Buzzers.

These are bricks great for stamina building. The uphill phase of the run are also brilliant for building leg strength.

I believe that the great Eamon Tilley and his brother used to always cycle to the IMRA mountain runs back in the day which was factor in getting them in to Triathlon. They then went on to form the first Triathlon Club in Ireland - Three Rock. The name Three Rock I believe was in part a homage to a famous Three Rock mountain race.

Another reason to get into mountain running, or fell running as they call it in England, is looking at what it has done for the

Just do it!

Re: The BB is Back 28 Jan 2013 16:15 #320

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
There was a word that seemed to disappear from my last post.

Brownlees

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds