Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Sunday Mountain Run

Re: Sunday Mountain Run 21 Jan 2014 12:21 #2969

• andyc
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 9
Darragh - I've been talking about this with friends for a while now. We want to eventually run the whole route which is marathon distance 42km.
The idea would be that we would run sections of it to see if it's worthwhile doing the whole thing so I'd defo be interested in doing some sections on sundays
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Sunday Mountain Run 21 Jan 2014 19:41 #2972

• kgraham
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 54
I'd be interested in some of Dublin way sections too but not sure if I can keep up you you young fellas! Love idea of 42.2 option for future.

Getting back into it.....

Re: Sunday Mountain Run 21 Jan 2014 21:15 #2974

• Deborah
  • Deborah's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 26
Hi Darragh

Just had a quick look at the map and the leg from Glencullen to Shankill seems to be mostly on road with only a small off road section through the Scalp and the Lead mines. Much more interesting is running from Glencullen to Pine Forest up over Three rock and fairy Castle, i'd certainly be on for giving that a go, check out the online maps and see what you think?

Debs

PS Andy nice idea to run the whole thin from Tallaght finishing which a pint in Brady's ;-)

'If we did what we are capable of we would astound ourselves' Tomas Edison

Re: Sunday Mountain Run 21 Jan 2014 22:18 #2975

• borzi
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 4
I did a 30km or so section from Brady's Shankill to the Hellfire Club a couple of years back when I was young and somewhat fit ... well truth be told I mtb-ed it as support for my brother and friend who ran it !

With the exception of the road section from the Scalp to basically Johnny Fox's in Glencullen (as Debs was saying) it's all worth doing .... if you start from Shankill (or Rathmichael CoI), you still have Rathmichael Woods to go through, so very little road section. Also, there's plenty of other tracks / trails in Carrickgollogan / Barnasligan you can run to get up the distance (about 20km) and return to Rathmichael / Shankill, practically all off-road.

I'd join ye, except I've been sick recently so would be doing well to manage it on a mtb, nevermind running :sick:

Debs, if you do the 3 rock / fairycastle section, check out more new mtb trails that have gone in - hopefully the fallen trees have been cleared.

Re: Sunday Mountain Run 24 Jan 2014 20:41 #2998

• Deborah
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
Hi All

It looks like the weather is pretty bad for this coming Sunday so the plan is to play it safe this weekend and head back to Djouce for a run in the Woods. So again this is an ideal route for any first timers and the run will be followed by coffee in Enniskerry after.

So meeting in lower carpark at 10am ready to run.

Debs

Re: Sunday Mountain Run 26 Jan 2014 21:27 #3004

• Deborah
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
Great crew out again today and with some oldies turning up and some new members so well done to John C, Michael, David G, Andy, Gaby, Paul, Darragh and Viv Rock.

Why run on Sundays? Cause its Wet and Muddie and sure what else would you be doing on a miserable Sunday morning ;-0

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds