• Page:

TOPIC: Wicklow Pool swims

Wicklow Pool swims 15 Jan 2014 17:27 #2918

• marieb
  • marieb's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 58
Following our committee meeting last week and all the feedback from the forum here is an update on swimming in Wicklow.
We now have 24 people signed up for this session which is great as we did only have 16. In order to keep the sessions going we need a minimum of 16 people to sign up for each 10 week block, to manger this we will open the new block after week 5 (of the existing one) so that people can sign up for the next session and if we do not get the minimum numbers by week 8 we will n have to make a call to cancel it as we have to give the pool notice but I am sure we will get the numbers to support it.
We debated the pay as you go system but realistically it is too difficult to manage and it would mean people not signing up for the full block and the club could potentially end up funding quite a bit. However I do understand it is a lot of money to pay our if you are unable to attend some sessions so we are going to introduce a buddy system – if you cannot attend one of the sessions you can give you place to someone else but they must be the same level swimmer as you, this is to ensure that it does not interrupt others in the lane– so you can put it up on the forum and manage the money between ye.

Hope this helps and thanks to the coaches for facilitating the buddy system any queries on the attached or feedback let us know.

Thanks
Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds