Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: OW swim volunteers

OW swim volunteers 15 Aug 2016 05:56 #10524

• JanineT
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm down to help tonight but have been sick the past few days. If anyone could swap with me and do tonight, I'll don 22nd or 29th.

Thanks
Janine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OW swim volunteers 15 Aug 2016 07:07 #10525

• Heidijo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 40
I can Janine. I will bring the SUP

OW swim volunteers 15 Aug 2016 09:07 #10526

• JanineT
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks a million Heidi - I really appreciate it! I'll do the 22nd instead.

OW swim volunteers 22 Aug 2016 11:35 #10561

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
Hi Janine.
Do you still have a buoyancy aid for a kayak and are you hoping to swim in Wicklow later? I would like to get the buoyancy to Wicklow tonight if possible so give me a shout if you can please and thanks. 08six fourzero6 seven684

Garry

OW swim volunteers 30 Aug 2016 12:01 #10587

• LisaH
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 2
Before you all dry out your wetsuits, hang up your polarized goggles and put the lid back on the bodyglide.........given that last night was the last official open water session in Wicklow I would like to firstly thank everyone for making the effort to come down every week (we were blessed with the weather nearly every Monday! )and secondly get some feedback on the sessions, in particular where you would like to see changes or improvements. It was my first year being involved in these sessions so I don't know if people got what they expected out of them or have suggestions for improvements we could make for next year. It would be best to get this sooner rather than later as I find the passing of time can effect the memory cells.....and paint everything the same nice rosy colour! Feel free to post here or email me if you prefer. Thanks. Lisa.

OW swim volunteers 30 Aug 2016 12:21 #10588

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 182
Thanks to Lisa and John!

Lisa, you were right. As tough as it was doing intervals in the open water, I think these were really important and valuable. There was also good variety to the sets as usual so we were never getting bored! I guess one area I wouldn't mind concentrating on next time would be turning at buoys in a crowd. A wide stream of swimmers thinning out at the buoy and trying to turn at the same time is a tricky one to do and not to get swept away in a group if the first person around doesn't have the best sense of direction and everyone else follows them... :pinch: It can be a wee bit disorienting.

I guess some race starts would be good to practise too - beach starts and deep-water starts?

Thanks again! :)

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds