Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: OW swim volunteers

OW swim volunteers 30 Aug 2016 12:31 #10589

• Heidijo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 41
Thank you Lisa and John-i didn't really partake a lot in the monday swims but perhaps next year it would be nice to do a race distance swim (750m or 1500mm) time trial from the murrough or black castle or something like that? Its so much nicer swimming outside the harbour but i know it would need organisation of adequate water marshalls, setting the distance, checking tide and getting to the swim entry(perhaps a session for misdummer when it dosent get too dark). Treat it like a race with deep water start, a bouy or something to turn around etc. I would be happy to help out if you needed extra help on that.

Thank you very much for your time.
Heidi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OW swim volunteers 30 Aug 2016 13:55 #10592

• Macy
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 19
Thanks to John, Lisa and Conor, and all the extra volunteers and key holders!

Didn't get to as many session as I'd have liked (if the evening could be changed next year from Mondays, that'd be great :) ), but I was happy with what John covered with us.

I'm normally far enough behind that things have thinned out by the time I get to turning buoy's, but the scrum in Carlow did catch me out a bit, so maybe that is something that could be added for next year?

OW swim volunteers 30 Aug 2016 22:57 #10595

• Paul Evans
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 27
Thanks Lisa for a varied and testing set of sessions they were brilliant !...possibly add in relay race to get competitive juices flowing ...short and sharp set of repeats ! already looking forward to next year :cheer:

OW swim volunteers 31 Aug 2016 11:15 #10598

• david g
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 24
Again massive thanks to all coaches and volunteers. To think this is free training is amazing.

The short sharp stuff definitely sharpens you up for racing no question. For a suggestion I would like more of the open water stuff perhaps varying the short sharp training with the occassional longer foray's either up or down the bay. Could still incorporate sprints within that. Roll on 2017.

OW swim volunteers 31 Aug 2016 11:23 #10599

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
Firstly I have to thanks to Lisa and John for the open water training, something I guess very few tri-clubs do on an organised basis.

I only swam with Lisa's group and have no suggestions except to say more of the same please. I felt that the drills and training plans were spot on for the group, our ability, were race focused, learning how to pace in particular and that they worked.

It's just a pity that the evenings are closing in!

Thanks again

Garry

Last Edit: by grykyo. Reason: typo

OW swim volunteers 31 Aug 2016 12:40 #10600

• AnneH
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks Lisa and John, the sessions were really great. Only suggestion I have is, if possible, to have more of the sessions outside the harbour. Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds