TOPIC: Warm Weather Training

Warm Weather Training 30 Nov 2015 19:15 #8418

• Colm Flood
  • Colm Flood's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 80
Folks,

I am trying to gauge if there is any interest in a Warm Weather training week in March, for those who haven’t been on one of these before the details would typically be as follows:

Dates 5th to the 12th of March or the 12th to the 19th of March.

Location: One of the Canary Islands (Lanzarote or Fuerteventura) we have looked at other locations but unfortunately at this time of the year there is either no direct flights or you can’t really be guaranteed the Weather.

Cost – Including Bike Hire, Accommodation & Flights you are probably looking at between €600 to €800 (The week of the 5th would be cheaper then the week of the 12th)

Training: Typical Days – 8.00am Sea Swim, 10.00am Bike 2.5 hrs to 3.5 hrs , 5.00pm Run. (It should be noted that this is self-coached)

Bike Fitness Level required: The Canary Islands are quite an unforgiving place to cycle a combination of the hills, heat and wind can make cycling quite tough, so at a minimum you would want to be Group 2 Saturday spin standard (John Darcy’s group)

If we have enough interest, I will cost it and revert with a firm proposal, so if this would interest you or you have any queries can you please stick a post up on the forum.

Regards

Colm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Colm Flood.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds