TOPIC: ET Sports Athlete Tests

ET Sports Athlete Tests 10 Dec 2017 19:54 #13351

• michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 185
Hi all,

Coach Eamonn is now offering athlete tests to anyone who’s interested. It all takes place in the new gym he’s built behind his house. It’s an impressive setup and having been there for a few turbo sessions and some S&C work, I decided to give the athlete test a go.

I started off with walking gait analysis in the treadmill - Eamonn has a stationary camera set up plus uses his phone for slow-motion capture and analysis. After that was some easy spinning on the turbo to warm up, then back onto the treadmill for a Cooper test. Basically, it started off at about a 4/10 effort, either speed or incline increased every so often, at regular intervals he’d ask for my RPE (Rate of Perceived Effort, 1-10) and current HR. We kept going until I felt I couldn’t keep going. All the while Eamonn was videoing my running style.

After that I did some recovery spinning on the turbo followed by a second test when I felt ready, this time on the bike. Shorter test but it really pushes you and gets your HR max on the bike.

After it was all over, he filled me in on weaknesses he found and then showed me some S&C work and did some assessment on the matt. Once I’d uploaded my Garmin data (HR, cadence, etc), he did up a very detailed analysis, shared some videos, stats and some S&C exercises to help target the weaknesses he’d pointed out.

Definitely recommend!

You don’t need to have a turbo, Eamonn has some direct drive turbos.

Pricing is in the range of €60 for an hour, €90 for 1.5 hours, depending on what you want to get done. He’s also set up to take lactates too if interested.

www.etsports.ie/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alston

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds