Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Bray Aquaton Series

Bray Aquaton Series 15 May 2013 20:56 #1087

• Darragh Phelan
  • Darragh Phelan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 9
Just a reminder to everybody that entry to the clubs three Aquatons is open through the TI website. The races are on Wednesday the 12th of June, Wednesday the 17th of July & Wednesday the 14th of August and are again kindly sponsored by Amphibian King and the Martello, Bray. Unlike the Beast, the race series is open to all club members and we would actively encourage as many club members to enter the races as possible. If you are not racing, we will as always need help on the night setting up, marshalling/Kayakers and tiding up. I will put a post up looking for volunteers the week before each race.

For those that have never raced in the Aquaton series, you are really missing out on three great races. All three races can be entered for just €40, unbeatable value. They also are a great way to prepare yourself for a full triathlon. If you haven’t seen it, check out this link to one of last year’s races.

t.co/my6IZ9ZW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Bray Aquaton Series 16 May 2013 17:46 #1101

• Darragh Phelan
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Re: Bray Aquaton Series 17 May 2013 12:30 #1105

• Annieb
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 10
Pop me down to Kayak if there's a kayak for me to use... :unsure:

Re: Bray Aquaton Series 04 Jun 2013 21:39 #1304

• Deborah
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 26
Hi All

Just a quick reminder that the first Aquathon is just a week away and as usual I am in charge of water safety so I am looking for some able bodied kayakers. So far there is me, Annie and Jenny, we have another couple of spare kayaks but if any member has there own as is free on Wednesday we really need the help as I need at least 5 kayaks in the water for the race.

Thanks in advance

Debs

'If we did what we are capable of we would astound ourselves' Tomas Edison

Re: Bray Aquaton Series 05 Jun 2013 15:48 #1311

• lisab
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 6
HI Darragh,

CAn you register a relay team for next weeks aquathon on the TI website, or should i just wait til Wednesday evening.

Re: Bray Aquaton Series 05 Jun 2013 21:16 #1313

• Darragh Phelan
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Hey Lisa, you are better off just waiting until Wednesday evening to register for the relay. We have a good few relay teams entering this year so it should create a good buzz on the night.

Also can I ask all club members to really push the Aquatons to everybody they know.These races are really important to the club. We need as many competitors as we can possibly get. If you know anybody thinking of doing a triathlon this year, drag them down on Wednesday .

For anybody not racing can they post here if they are available to marshal on the night. Please also bring down any family members who may be able to help. We also need one or two more people to kayak.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds