• Page:

TOPIC: Practice Race for Xterra Ireland 2014

Practice Race for Xterra Ireland 2014 01 Mar 2014 17:48 #3300

• borzi
  • borzi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 4
With precious little i.e. no other Xterra triathlons on the race calendar before Xterra Ireland in July, I came up with the idea on the spin today to create our own practice event ... format below:

Swim: 1.5km in Killiney Bay (2 laps of the 3 permanent buoys)
T1: my back garden
Bike: Approx 30km: 2km road section to the start of the Dublin Way in Shankill. From there up though Rathmichael Woods to the mtb trails in the Leadmines. Several laps of the Leadmines to bring full distance to approx 30km.
T2: my back garden
Run: 10km practically all off road and very hilly: Down Killiney Beach, off road trails up Killiney Hill / Roche's Hill.
Finish Line: my back garden

Event referee, chief marshall, head of transition and post event pizza will be provided by Laura Byrne.

Full details to follow regarding event opening date, registration and eh date of the event itself, but likely to be May with possibility of repeating in June. Likelihood of organizing duathlon version of the event in April to familiarise those interested in the route.

Post interest here - this is obviously a non-official training event for anyone interested or those looking to get a bit of practice in for Xterra Ireland.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds