Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: LOST SHEEP KENMARE

Re: LOST SHEEP KENMARE 01 Sep 2014 10:39 #5169

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
Well done John and all the others that both finished and stood on the podium.

I am not surprised you were offered help by more than one racing club member. I am a year in the club and that is the impression I have of Wicklow Tri. Fantastic support, well done all.

Garry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: LOST SHEEP KENMARE 01 Sep 2014 20:20 #5176

• Rodolfosoriano
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks Colm. I clearly need to keep cycling mote and more....great race all the same.

Re: LOST SHEEP KENMARE 02 Sep 2014 12:33 #5190

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 189
This is definitely my favourite race. Not sure why though, because the hills are torturous and it's a real mental battle at times due to quietness on the run route. Also, for 2 years in a row I've been close to throwing temper tantrums at the 15km & 18km aid stations when I've got there and found out that the fast lads have drunk all the cola!!! That aside, it’s just so satisfying when you complete a tough course like that, which I why I love it so much. This year we'd the added bonus of being blessed with the weather, plus there were around 30 Wicklow Tri people down there when you included all the supporters as well. Well done to everyone else who finished and I'm jointly nominating Darragh & Liam for the club's 2014 'Good Deed of the Year Award' for sacrificing their bike times to help John Darcy when he punctured. Would bring a tear to a glass eye ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds