TOPIC: WicklowTri Aquathon Race 1: Call for Marshals

WicklowTri Aquathon Race 1: Call for Marshals 20 May 2015 11:40 #6899

• michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 182
Hi all,

As you should know by now, we are running our annual Aquathon Series again this summer. These events have a reputation for being fun and well-run, but this can't happen without the involvement of club members. As I'm sure you're aware, these events are a very important source of income for the club and help subsidise swimming and pay for other coaching throughout the year.

Race 1 is on Wednesday 10 June 2015 @7:30pm on Bray Promenade. Registration will happen in the Martello beforehand. We really need as many people as possible there to help set up the area (from 6pm onwards), and even more people to marshal the race itself. We'll also need people to stay around afterwards to help tidy everything away. If you plan to race but can make it early and/or stay late to help out, that's fine too, so long as we have enough people to marshal the race.

So, if you are free to help out at all, could you please reply to this post with:
  • Your Name
  • What time you can be there for
  • If you plan on racing/marshalling

Thanks in advance!

-Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WicklowTri Aquathon Race 1: Call for Marshals 20 May 2015 11:43 #6900

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It would also be great if anyone in the club was free to take photos during the race (depending on how many marshals we have) and take photos of the prize-giving afterwards. The grainy photos taken on my phone last year were hardly ideal! :)

Please reply below if interested/available.

WicklowTri Aquathon Race 1: Call for Marshals 20 May 2015 12:35 #6901

• Dan
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 60
Michael I'm planning to race the first 2 aquathons. I can be in Bray on both dates to help set up and also stay and tidy up afterwards.

WicklowTri Aquathon Race 1: Call for Marshals 20 May 2015 13:11 #6904

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi all,

An update on this. WicklowTri Juniors will be running a Junior Aquathon before both the first race (June 10) and the last race (August 26). As a result, the junior guys will diligently have set up most of the race already! :)

HOWEVER, for the junior race to be set up and run smoothly, they could do with some help.

The Junior race starts at 6pm. They will need helpers to get the venue set up from 4pm if possible and marshals to be there from 5pm with a race briefing at 5:30pm.

So, if you are free to help out at the Junior race too (or instead of the senior race), please also reply below stating at what time you can be there at. There will be plenty of time to help with the junior race and still compete in the senior race later.

Thanks,

-Michael

WicklowTri Aquathon Race 1: Call for Marshals 20 May 2015 14:57 #6905

• Veronica
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 16
Hi Michael

I'd like to take part in these but I can marshall at one if you like? I can also be there about 5.30 to help set up and hang back afterwards to help clear up

I do have a DSLR so could take photos either but if there is a better photographer among us I am happy to let them do this ( I only have the standard camera lense so won't be much good for taking photos too far out to sea!)

Sure let me know what suits, I'm easy.

Veronica

WicklowTri Aquathon Race 1: Call for Marshals 20 May 2015 15:02 #6906

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Great, thanks Veronica! Hopefully we won't need you to marshal unless we're short on numbers. But help before/after would be greatly appreciated.

I'll let you know about the camera closer to the time too! If you're racing then at least the prize-giving would be good to capture on film for the website.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds