Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: National Series 2016

National Series 2016 29 Nov 2015 12:29 #8414

• Martina
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 34
As many of you will be aware (especially if you have bumped into Karen in the last few weeks :whistle: )we are making a special effort this season to encourage participation of female members in National Series races - to save any tears we will also help the guys to get their act together by including them in some of what we are doing.
National series races are a great opportunity for individual members to 'give it a go' and put all the hard work of training into action. From a club perspective it gives us a chance, as a collective, to work together to try to be the best club we can be. It is true that only the six people with the highest points count at the end of the season BUT most importantly by participating, even if you don't make it into the top six your participation in a race gives more opportunity for additional points to be scored (we'll explain more about this later :huh: )
And yes, as Owen pointed out yesterday, it is the ultimate domestique - doing your best for the team even if you don't end up on top. But isn't that the joy of being part of a club and working together towards a common goal?
Over the coming months we will be organising various different initiatives to help build confidence and triathlon skills. Some of the initiatives will be aimed at all athletes in the club while some will be aimed specifically at the ladies - and yes lads, there are just some things we need to do alone. All ideas, help, encouragement and positive vibes will be really welcome.
So, roll on the coming months of training and the new season - we'll be ready.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kgraham, Anne, michaelp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

National Series 2016 29 Nov 2015 17:44 #8417

• kgraham
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 50
Well said Martina - I really hope everyone plans to do four National Series races - plenty of experience in the club if you need any advice.

Getting back into it.....

National Series 2016 01 Dec 2015 13:30 #8419

• Orla MCA
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks for that Martina and looking forward to all training initiatives!
As a relatively new member and new to triathlons I get very confused as to which races to enter during the year so it would be great to get some posts as the year goes on about which ones may be worth doing or if there are a few people doing the different races (in advance)
Orla

National Series 2016 02 Dec 2015 14:02 #8420

• Louisekinsella
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm in the same boat as Orla

National Series 2016 19 Jan 2016 13:55 #8798

• Martina
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 34
As suggested by a few members, it is useful to know a little bit about different races, location, the status of the race e.g. National Series, a brief description of the race itself e.g. flat run, lumpy bike etc. With help from Karen, Ciara and Michael, a spreadsheet has been posted on the Forum. It is under the "Members Only" section of the thread so it will only be visible to members who are signed in.
If you have information which might help people in selecting their races please feel free to add to the shared knowledge by adding to the spreadsheet.
Also, please let us know if you have entered a race by putting it on the spreadsheet, as it may encourage others to go to that particular race if they know other members will be there.
We will be encouraging people over the coming weeks to enter races but you will also have additional information to help you make your choices.
I probably should say that we have only started populating the spreadsheet but hopefully we will have lots of information inputted shortly.
Happy race picking :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GabyD, michaelp

National Series 2016 19 Jan 2016 14:12 #8799

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
Thanks Martina!

I've marked all of the National Series races in green to be more obvious and I've filled in as much info as I can.

Please feel free to fill in info and update the sheet when you decide which races you're targeting. Maybe put your name after your comments so people know who is saying what, and even if someone has already commented, if you have something to say please say it (good or bad)! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronanc, Orla MCA

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds