TOPIC: Hell of the West 2016

Hell of the West 2016 27 Dec 2015 15:23 #8579

• michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
Hi all,

The first round of registration for Hell of the West 2016 in Kilkee, Co Clare will open up on 2nd January @ 10am. This is an Olympic distance race and is both a National Series race and the National Championship Race for Olympic Distance. It's a very challenging race but extremely well-run, and while a tougher race might sometimes mean fewer National Series points, the fact that it's a National Championship race should draw an even larger crowd than normal - more people, more points up for grabs!

The race takes place on Saturday 25 June 2016, which will clash with those of you doing any of the races in Challenge Galway. This year they are putting an extra focus on it being a club race - last year we were all racked together (more or less) and this year they're allowing for transfers within the club so if you cannot make the race you have the option of selling your entry to another club-mate first! All transfers must be done by 1 June 2016.

This first round of registration is for relays and individuals; there will be a second round of registration opening midweek a couple of weeks later (exact date and time to be confirmed - I'll post here when I know).

Thanks,

-Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: JDarcy1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hell of the West 2016 01 Jan 2016 19:18 #8586

• Martina
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 34
Hi all, just a follow up reminder to Michael's post. Kilkee, Hell of the West opens tomorrow. This race has a great reputation - takes a bit more effort because it's an overnight and accommodation sells out quickly but it's one to do if you can manage the logistics.

Don't forget to start planning your races...entries will start opening and many races sell out quickly so keep an eye on the Triathlon Ireland calendar website. We will get more information out in the next couple of weeks about races which hopefully might help with your planning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp

Hell of the West 2016 02 Jan 2016 10:04 #8589

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
And I'm in! :cheer:

Now, just have to find some accommodation... and it's all sold on booking.com :unsure:

Hell of the West 2016 05 Jan 2016 10:14 #8639

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Just posted on the Hell of the West facebook page ...

The second (and final) round of online registration for HOTW 2016 will open at 7am on Monday, 1 February. A waitlist will be operated for athletes who do not secure a place online. A registration link will be posted here, and at www.limericktriathlon.com .

Hell of the West 2016 22 Jan 2016 09:24 #8824

• John Bowes
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 5
I accidentally ended up with 2 entries to HotW. I have been in touch with the organisers and they are happy to transfer or refund one.
Before I ask for a refund just checking if anyone would like to take it as a transfer. Let me know 08six82nine5six8nine
Thanks
John :)

ENTRY GONE ALREADY TO A GOOD HOME

Last Edit: by John Bowes.

Hell of the West 2016 28 Jan 2016 15:27 #8909

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Reminder: This goes on sale on Monday 1st Feb @ 7am. Don't miss out!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds