TOPIC: Aquathon Race Series 2016

Aquathon Race Series 2016 11 Jan 2016 09:47 #8721

• michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
Hi all,

I have the thankless task of trying to follow Conor Fitzgerald as Race Director for the Aquathon Series; I think we can all agree that he did a fantastic job!

If you are interested in getting involved in helping organise the event, could you please reply below or email me at aquathonseries@wicklowtri.com. Specifically at this time I really need a Head Marshall for the races (someone to co-ordinate all of the marshals), a Head of Transition and a Head Run Marshall to oversee the run route specifically.

Just to confirm, the dates for this year's races:
  • Wednesday 15 June 2016
  • Wednesday 27 July 2016
  • Wednesday 24 August 2016

Could you all please add these dates to your diary. I would really appreciate as much help in getting these races run as smoothly as possible and I cannot do that without your help. Much of the work involved is in the setting up and tearing down of the course and transition area which can usually facilitate you also racing in the event should you wish to do so, but I also will need enough marshals to run the races safely and successfully. As you'll have seen at this year's AGM, these races are hugely important for the club's finances.

I'm also putting together a new website for the Aquathons and will put it live shortly.

Many thanks,

-Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by michaelp.

Aquathon Race Series 2016 15 Jan 2016 13:38 #8764

• michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
I'm still looking for a Head of Transition for this year's race. Ideally this will be someone who is available for all of the dates listed above who does not plan on racing. No experience required.

I'll be looking for general helpers for each race closer to the time.

Aquathon Race Series 2016 07 Apr 2016 16:32 #9488

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 197
Hi all

Time to start spreading the word about this year's Aquathon series. Michael has provided us with a poster (attached), so please print off a few copies and pin them onto your notice boards at work, gyms, etc. For the Facebook and Twitter users, get liking, sharing and retweeting the posts we've put up. I've created events on Facebook for each of the races, so it'd be great if you could log on and flag if you're attending/interested, to help get the word out. Invite along any friends who you think might be interested too.

Also, I think we need to extend a big thanks and well done to Micheal, for developing the new race website . He's put a massive amount of effort into it and it's going to be a huge help to all the athletes taking part in 2016. Thanks Michael :cheer:

Ciara

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans, michaelp

Last Edit: by Ciaraoneill.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds