Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: WTC training 'race' Sunday 3rd April

WTC training 'race' Sunday 3rd April 03 Apr 2016 15:19 #9451

• audreyp
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 44
Really enjoyed today! Special thanks to Karen & Martina and all the marshalls today. Don't know how you all stayed so cheery in that weather! Learned loads and loads more to learn, a sprint PB for me today. Feel much more prepared for nenagh now. National series here I come :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WTC training 'race' Sunday 3rd April 03 Apr 2016 16:39 #9452

• shinners
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 1
I would just like to echo the sentiments of everyone today. Thanks so much for the unbelievable support from all the marshals and supporters along the course. It helped a lot to hear such encouragement. Not an easy job .. Especially on a dreadful wet Sunday morning. Thanks to the swim coaches for all their perseverence through the winter to get us in shape. To John Darcy for the turbo sessions. Last but not least to the organising committee especially Karen & Martina.

Last Edit: by shinners. Reason: Ran out of room

WTC training 'race' Sunday 3rd April 03 Apr 2016 17:34 #9453

• david g
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 23
Massive well done to all involved. To the athletes, hopefully this proves that this triathlon lark isnt so daunting after all !

Karen and Martina deserve special mention. From their "encouragement " to get us out there racing NS events for club points, to their initatives with the ladys training day in Roundwood and now this full event are really great to see. Everything seemed to run like clockwork today and thats no accident. Hats off to you both.

WTC training 'race' Sunday 3rd April 04 Apr 2016 07:52 #9457

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 182
Well done to everyone who raced yesterday - you did so well and we were genuinely impressed!

The results are now available here, but you will only be able to see this page if you are logged into the forum:

www.wicklowtri.com/index.php/forum/membe...ractice-race-results

If you have any trouble accessing it, please let me know.

A huge thank you to Karen and Martina for the epic work put into organising the race, all the marshals for coming out, to Paddy for organising the goodies from Daly's Supervalu, for Mick & Paula from Kia Vartry for generously donating the prizes and to Cycle Superstore for lending us the bike racks that we used.

As well as you all did yesterday, I think one thing that really needs some work is transition! :lol: A lot of simple mistakes were made and these can be cut out with a bit of practice; and this wasn't just limited to the inexperienced people:

So I'm sure we'll need to run another transition training session to show you what to do and what not to do! :)
Attachments:

WTC training 'race' Sunday 3rd April 04 Apr 2016 08:21 #9458

• KarenMByrne95
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 3
Massive thank you to you guys on a great morning, Martina and Karen fantastic organisation, Marshals legends for being out and that cold and still smiling and encouraging us. Learned so much but with the adrenaline probably forgot half of it ha!! but I can't thank you all enough for your help and support, you guys rock!!

WTC training 'race' Sunday 3rd April 04 Apr 2016 08:52 #9459

• JanineT
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 6
Another thank you to Karen and Martina for organising yesterday's training race and to all the marshalls for braving that weather - much appreciated! It was great to get the practise in and I now have a pretty long list of things to work on. I'll be happy to marshall when the more experienced club members do their practise race ;)

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds