TOPIC: Call for Marshals: Aquathon 1, Wed 15 June

Call for Marshals: Aquathon 1, Wed 15 June 15 Jun 2016 21:20 #10132

• damocoyle
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Keep On Keeping On
  • Thank you received: 38
Hi All

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Michael and all the WTC crew for organising a great event this evening. It was absolutely class and the support from everyone was top notch. Big shout out to Deborah and her kayakers. Note to self....must learn to sight :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damo

Call for Marshals: Aquathon 1, Wed 15 June 16 Jun 2016 05:48 #10133

• michaelp
  • michaelp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
Guys, a huge and heartfelt thank you to everyone who helped out last night. We were blessed with the weather and we didn't lose any competitors in the water or up Bray Head so that sounds like a win to me! :)

The race cannot happen without the hard work of our members so I sincerely thank you all for everything you did.

The next race is Wednesday July 27th so I'll be looking for helpers then too. I also caught a few newer members looking at the race with a glint in their eyes so I expect to see them racing in July! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans, grykyo

Call for Marshals: Aquathon 1, Wed 15 June 16 Jun 2016 09:26 #10134

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
Sorry but I am going to pitch in here too. I had to stand back and admire the course, the swim buoys, the super smart looking transition and the finish area last night. As a club we put on a very slick event with professional prep and really good marshal cover. It is easy to take for granted but there is a lot of effort required for quite a time ahead of races making sure this all happens.

I'm no Alan Rowlette so here's a phone pic. I think the place looked great!

Well done to all involved in the series, you all know who you are and in particular I'd like to thank those who built and took down the race course. In particular Paul Evans who spent the afternoon lugging equipment around and Billy for hauling the kit from Greystones to Bray and home again, long day, late night. Many thanks gents!

Garry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans

Last Edit: by grykyo.

Call for Marshals: Aquathon 1, Wed 15 June 16 Jun 2016 10:37 #10135

• LisaH
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 2
Well done everyone. Very sorry to have missed it. Sounds like it went really well.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds