TOPIC: Thank you to all our Marshals

Thank you to all our Marshals 11 Jul 2016 19:19 #10350

• kgraham
  • kgraham's Avatar Topic Author
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 50
Hello Marshals and Thank you,

Hands up if you're tired today!!! I bet you are and for good reason....you are one of the best marshals in the world. Thank you.

Yesterday Wicklow Triathlon Club ran the inaugural Base2Race Harbourman Sprint and Olympic distance races and you made it happen. Thank you for giving up your Sunday. We asked you to help us run a safe and enjoyable race and you did that and more. The support out there was amazing even though it was a long day for you all.

We were delighted to see old and new members, lots of family and friends and even the younger family members got involved at the water station (I do not have everyone's email so if you receive this and your boyfriend,wife, child helped please say THANK YOU from us). Everybody pulled together and did what we asked.

Please let us know what you thought of the race as we would like to improve for next year.

Our marshals are getting lots of positive feedback from competitors so well done. Here are some of the things being written:

Thanks to Wicklow Tri for putting on a great (but challenging) event. It was very well organised and the marshals were fantastic.
Superb event!!! A must-do in anyone's next year's calendar.
A bit thank you to all the organizers and marshals. I really enjoyed every bit of it (except for the freaking wind, of course).
Congratulations on a great race yesterday, was by far, one of the best Olympic distance race I've done, and huge thanks to all the marshalls and volunteers who gave great encouragement along the route.
Thanks to all the marshalls and organisers for a great race yesterday at the Wicklow tri, particularly the swim marshall who retrieved my two year olds Thomas the tank engine from a life at sea, saved us a long journey home!
Great day yesterday thank you very much, and a special thanks to the Marshal at the bottom of the stairs great motivational speaker
Thanks to the organisers for a great race today.. the marshalls and support were brilliant!
Can I give a big shout out to the lads in the canoes please.

I I was last out of the water in the Olympic as I'm only learning to swim. They were fantastic and really good to me. Respect lads.
10 out of 10 Wicklow Tri great race extremely well organized stewards were amazing and course was fab
Super day out & some comedy gold from the very encouraging stewards.
Fantastic event guys. Organisation was outstanding and the marshals were amazing, great encouragement throughout that windy bike course was very much appreciated. Well done all
Fantastic event guys! Very well ran and the marshals were amazing! Really encouraging and very friendly. Look forward to coming back next year (well if that wind is not forecast!
Really well organised race marshalls were great and so encouraging ..and if you put an escalator on those steps on the pier I'll def be back
We just want you all to know that both the Race Committee and Wicklow Triathlon Club are very thankful for your help not only yesterday but also in the run up to race day. You all deserve a special mention and we will thank you personally as we see you all.

Thank you for doing such a great job yesterday and we hope you are proud. See you all at next years race!!

Paul O'Connor (Race director) and Base2Race Harbourman Race Committee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jedistev, KarenMByrne95

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Getting back into it.....

Thank you to all our Marshals 11 Jul 2016 19:23 #10352

• jedistev
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 23
like i said in different forum

Anything for WTC

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thank you to all our Marshals 11 Jul 2016 20:09 #10353

• Paul Evans
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 27
This what it means to " give a hand" ? ;-)

Thank you to all our Marshals 12 Jul 2016 12:49 #10357

• Ciaraoneill
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 197
An even bigger thanks and congratulations back to Paul and the rest of the race committee (Andy, Brendan, Conor, Debs, Gaby, Karen, Laura, Martina & Michael) for the enormous amount of time and effort they put into organising this race over the past few months. Delighted for you guys that it was such a success and it's great to see that being recognised with all the positive feedback from competitors :cheer:

Love the comment from the competitor thanking the marshal who rescued his toddler's Thomas the Tank Engine from the water. Who was the hero swim marshal? I reckon they deserve a spot prize for that one!!

Thank you to all our Marshals 12 Jul 2016 15:18 #10358

• marieb
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 57
Well said Ciara, not sure people realise the amount of time and effort that goes on in the background to run an event like this - well done to everyone on the committee. Paul as I said the other night I think your IRONMAN will be easier.

Hopefully all the feedback makes it worth while - it was a top class event. Now back to racing :) :) :)

Marie

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds