• Page:

TOPIC: Racing 2017

Racing 2017 27 Mar 2017 12:47 #11928

• Martina
  • Martina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 34
Spring has sprung and racing 2017 is just around the corner so for all the experienced, kinda of experienced and brand new members out there it's time to think about dipping your toe into racing. Racing and pulling all of the elements of triathlon together is always a bit nerve wracking but it's what makes the training worthwhile. Over the coming weeks and months you will get loads of support from the club and fellow racers and getting that roar over the line when you don't think you can take another step is what makes being in a club special. Everybody, regardless of where they finish contributes to the overall success of Wicklow Triathlon.
Soooo, start honing your preparation and dive in - first National Series race of the season is Carlow. This is a good one for beginners, particularly if you're worried about the swim - it's a river swim so the bank is never far away (confidence building to see the land!!!) - part of the race will be with the current (legitimate assistance!!). The race itself is compact and well organised. Sooo, give it a go and the club will be up and swimming, cycling, running and very importantly transitioning (the 4th discipline) for 2017.
Bring it on :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by michaelp.

Racing 2017 27 Mar 2017 13:00 #11929

• michaelp
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 183
Well said Martina!

first National Series race of the season is Carlow

Well, before that there is a pool tri in Nenagh next month! :) I know there's a few of us signed up for that.

So, since Martina brings it up - who's up for the National Series this year? We did very well last year with all of our teams finishing in the top 5 and it would be great to see another push for it again this year. I know if we can get a few people saying they'll participate they we can hopefully convince the likes of Noelie and Trevor to go again, and it's looking like Alex Gray might be able to qualify this year. I'm also sure a few of the ladies have already been strong-armed into committing to NS races at the ladies dinner last month! :lol:

What is the National Series?

In its simplest terms, it's like a league for both individual triathletes and clubs to compete nationally. Some races in the Race Calendar are designated as National Series - if you compete in these races, you will get points assigned to you based on your finishing time. At the end of the year, they take you best Sprint, best Olympic and your next best 2 results (of any distance - Sprint/Olympic/Half/Full) and that's your total - based on that they will rank you nationally.

How does this help the club?

At the end of the year, they will take the top 6 ladies, the top 6 men and the top 3 of both (Mixed Team) and rank each club nationally. We did quite well with this last year and would love to see as many people competing as possible!

If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask me! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by michaelp.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds