Every summer Coach John Darcy hosts the Wicklow Tri Bike Time Trial league. This comprises of 6 TT Races over the summer starting from the Beehive in Wicklow. This is a super event and excellent training for all levels. The fastest riders take off last so we aim to have all participants finish at the same time. Please review the rules below and in case of new members please check the maps! There have been a few cyclists who have taken the wrong turn…
Remember, the roads are not closed for this event so please follow the standard rules of the road. We will have marshalls at the roundabout – however they do not have the rights to stop traffic but we can alert you if the road is clear!
Map 18km – https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/3267713434
Map 34km – https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/3267714658
- There are 6 TT League events
- First 3 are over the 18km course – starting at the Beehive on old N11 to Jack Whites Roundabout and back.
- Last 3 are over the 34km TT course – again starting at the Beehive, straight through the Jack Whites roundabout, continuing on old N11 to the Templerainey Roundabout and then return to the start.
- All riders are expected to marshal 1 TT event. This is mandatory for League Placings.
- League Results are calculated on the highest placings for 3 events, one to be from each distance – at least 1 18km and 1 34km.
- Points are awarded 20 for first, 19 for second, etc with separate Ladies and Men’s and Newbies placings.
- Prize for fastest Lady, Man and Newbie to be awarded at the Dinner Dance (hopefully!)
- In the event of a tie for first place, the fastest 18km and fastest 34km times for the contenders are added and lowest aggregate is the winner of their category.
- Reminder Rules of the Road apply and No Drafting – Drafting is cheating!
And remember have fun 🙂