Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Saturday Cycles version 2

Saturday Cycles version 2 22 Dec 2016 17:35 #11314

• Paul Evans
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 26
This is a great post !....fuels ambition and makes you think about the Sat cycle !.....our biggest chance to do a significant workout , and i think a lot of us....myself included.....are defo guilty of too much "social" chat....taking our concentration off the training....some talk is good, but not when it slows the group down ! It is also good to pass on tips during the ride...we can all learn from each other ;-) .... happy cycling !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Saturday Cycles version 2 22 Dec 2016 22:03 #11315

• DaveB
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 19
Edwina, looking forward to seeing you out on a spin in January! Dont worry, you will do the full spin with us no problem.

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: edzen

Saturday Cycles version 2 23 Dec 2016 00:38 #11316

• Ozz996
  • New-to-Tri
  • New-to-Tri
  • Thank you received: 1
I went out with group 5 a few weeks back (by accident) , but really enjoyed the experience. It showed me where I am weak and where I need to focus on. I know I held the group up, but they held back and kept me with them. Great bunch of lads. I will definitely go out with them again. The benefit of moving up a group even for 1 week could show you what you need to work on and will only help you improve your cycling skills. In my short time with the club so far I have learnt a lot from being out with all the different groups.
Hope the lads will have me back out with them again...
Oscar

Saturday Cycles version 2 23 Dec 2016 08:10 #11317

• edzen
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you so so much Dave...Already looking forward to it..Have a wonderful Xmas with your family and friends, Edwina

Saturday Cycles version 2 29 Dec 2016 13:39 #11335

• OwenMo
  • OwenMo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi all,
We missed out some of Aidan's sessions over the past few weeks so will be starting at week 2 ...
The routes for Saturday 31st December will be as follows:

WTC Group 1 (newtoTri) Dave Gilespie 10 am 52K
Group spin 2 ½ hours steady at 70-80% HR easy gears 80-90 rpm. 3 x 3 mins during spin heavy gear on drags in saddle low cadence. No other efforts
Ashford - Belair - Glenealy - Deputies pass - Beehive - Jack Whites - Caost Road -Blainroe - Wicklow - Rathnew - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1305370267

WTC Group 2 10am 67K John D

Group spin 2 ½ Hours in general steady 80-90 rpm easy gears at 70-80%. 4 x 3 mins during spin on drags in saddle 50 x 13/14 heavy gearing low cadence ie 50-60 rpm at HR no higher than 85%.
1 x 5 mins on flat near end high tempo ie roll through up and over every 5 mins big rin 80-90rpm at HR no higher than 85%. Drink at least 2 x 500 ml bottles during spin and have some carb food.
Ashford - Nun's Cross - Aghowle - Garryduff cross - turn right - past croneybyrne - Bookies Bridge -
Left through Vale of Clara - rahtdrum - left before village - Right (L1152)to Barndarrig - N11 - Jack Whites - left twards Brittas -
left before downhill - follow road to Bonagrew - Keep right - turn left at top of hill - follow to wicklow - Top of Marlton - Rathnew - Hunter's - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1272505837

WTC Group 3 77K (Owen or Colm not available so will need leader?)
Group spin 3 Hours in general steady 80-90 rpm easy gears at 70-80%. 4 x 3 mins during spin on drags in saddle 50 x 13/14 heavy gearing low cadence ie 50-60 rpm at HR no higher than 85%. 1 x 5 MINS on flat near end 50 x 15/16 gearing 80-90 rpm high tempo at 85% HR ride up and over more regular. Drink at least 2 x 500 ml bottles during spin and have some carb food.
Ashford - Miltown Lane - Rathdrum - larragh - Annamoe - Roundwood - Long Hill (decent) - Kilmacanoge - Glen of the Downs - Farrankelly Road - Eden Gate - Kilcoole - Newcastle - Rathnew - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1362626512

WTC Group 4 77k Gaby/Martina 9 am
Group spin 3 Hours in general steady 80-90 rpm easy gears at 70-80%. 4 x 3 mins during spin on drags in saddle 50 x 13/14 heavy gearing low cadence ie 50-60 rpm at HR no higher than 85%. 1 x 5 MINS on flat near end 50 x 15/16 gearing 80-90 rpm high tempo at 85% HR ride up and over more regular. Drink at least 2 x 500 ml bottles during spin and have some carb food.
Ashford - Miltown Lane - Rathdrum - larragh - Annamoe - Roundwood - Long Hill (decent) - Kilmacanoge - Glen of the Downs - Farrankelly Road - Eden Gate - Kilcoole - Newcastle - Rathnew - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1362626512

Group 5 10am 85k Linus/John O'C
Ashford - Nun's Cross - Aghowle - Garryduff cross - turn right - past Croneybyrne - Bookies Bridge -
Shay Elliott - Glenmalure - Grenane - rathdrum - left before village - Right (L1152)to Barndarrig - N11 - Jack Whites - left towards Brittas -
left before downhill - follow road to Bonagrew - Keep right - turn left at top of hill - follow to wicklow - Top of Marlton - Rathnew - Hunter's - Ashford
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1272541660

Weather: Saturday, New Year’s Eve, will still be mostly dry but it will become cloudy in the northwest as rain near coastal counties spreads further inland during the day. Top temperatures will reach 9 to 11 degrees in moderate to fresh southwesterly winds.

Enjoy,
Owen

Saturday Cycles version 2 29 Dec 2016 14:27 #11336

• rclarke71
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 4
I'll take group 3 Owen if nobody else volunteers

Rob

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds