How do I become a member of Wicklow Tri?
If you are interested in joining Wicklow Triathlon Club, please drop an email to us here. For Junior membership queries, please get in touch here. For insurance reasons, all of our members must also become a member of Triathlon Ireland.
Where are Wicklow Tri located?
We are located primarily in the North Wicklow / South Dublin area however, we have a number of members from the surrounding environs.
Where are the Training Sessions held?
Training sessions are generally held in a number of different locations as follows:-
- Swimming: Coached swim sessions are held year round in Wicklow Pool in Wicklow Town and Shoreline Pool in Greystones. Once the sea temperature begins to rise, we also hold coached swim sessions in Wicklow Harbour and Greystones.
- Cycling: Weekly spins depart from Ashford (Ashford House car park) on Saturdays at 9am. We use a number of different cycle routes along the coast and through the Wicklow Countryside as well as using the mountains around the Wicklow & Sally Gaps for that extra sting in the tail!!!
- Running: Coached run sessions take place every Wednesday evening on the roads around Charlesland in Greystones, In the build up to race reason, we also hold some Sunday morning sessions at Charlesland Athletics Track.
- For full details of the locations and times for training sessions, please keep an eye on our calendar, which you can access via our homepage.
What do I get for joining?
- Coached Swim, Bike and Run Sessions throughout the year.
- Technical Seminars on the many elements of Triathlon including Goal Setting and Motivation, Nutrition, Bike Maintenance, Fitness Training and Race Preparation throughout the year.
- Participation in Club Cycling TT League and Club Races.
- Opportunity to buy discounted Club Training and Racing Gear.
- Advice and tips on training and racing from the wealth of knowledge and experience of the existing Members of Wicklow Tri.
- Membership of one of the most progressive, fastest growing and friendliest clubs in Ireland with a Training, Racing and Social Scene second to none!!!
What does it cost?
- Full membership from 1st January to 31st December – €65
- Full Time Student – €40
- Junior Member – €40 (see the Junior Membership page for more details)
Note: As numbers are limited for Coached Swim Sessions in the Pool it is necessary for the Club to charge an additional fee of approx €70 per 10 week block to secure your place.
Why Do I need to join Triathlon Ireland?
In order to satisfy the insurance requirements of Triathlon Ireland for training and racing, it is necessary that you join Triathlon Ireland. This will enable you to compete in Triathlon Ireland sanctioned events without having to pay for a One Day License Fee. Triathlon Ireland members are covered for Public Liability Insurance for all Triathlon Ireland sanctioned races and Club organised Training Sessions which will cover you in the event of a claim by a Third Party.
Further details of joining Triathlon Ireland can be found here.
When does the Triathlon Season start?
Early season Duathlon events (Run, Bike, Run) start in February. The Triathlon season proper kicks off around May and finishes in late September.
Further details of the Triathlon Ireland Racing Calendar can be found here.