Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Bike - To Buy

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 09:24 #6975

• GillC
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 14
your probably right about the cleats..but if you want to you can take it and practice this week.. so if you change your mind it is no problem at all.. its not a new bike so doesn't matter if anything happens..only thing I forgot to mention is that it is PINK :P

oh sorry I would be no help on the spec of getting a new bike.. one of the lads would probably be able to give you better advice on the frames groupsets etc...

cheers
gill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Veronica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 09:39 #6976

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 96
Veronica,

If you look at the picture of the chain ring & chain on the Trek it is very rusty, so my guess is that the bike hasn't been very well maintained so I would steer clear, as you would probably have to put a good few quid in to it, the other bike looks like it has been well kept, so if the size is right it would be a better option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Veronica

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 10:09 #6978

• Veronica
  • Veronica's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 16
Thanks Michael, sadly I used my bike to work scheme to buy my hybrid 3 years ago so I have two more years before I can go again :(

Gill, so kind of you, but think the only day I would get to practice the cycling this week would be Friday which might be a bit late. Very envious of the pink bike. I am such a pink girl :cheer:

Colm, yes I had noticed the rust and was thinking the same thing about it not being well cared for. No word on the size of the other bike yet. I wonder if I am better off paying that bit more and getting a new bike and tapping into the knowledge of the shop as to what I should get as I have no idea - although that could make me an easy target for them to sell me something that far exceeds what I need right now or something that I will only end up upgrading sooner rather than later! I'm open to any advice people have on bikes as I really know nothing!

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 10:36 #6980

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 96
There is always the option of a family member or friend using their bike to work scheme to buy a bike that is a perfect fit for you ;) it's worth investigating !

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 10:52 #6981

• GillC
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 14
totally up to you veronica.. you can change the pedals for the day if you like ive no problem with that.. will leave it up to you

cheers
gill

Bike - To Buy 25 May 2015 12:55 #6986

• Martina
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 36
Hi Veronica, it's too late for this weekend but if you are interested in a second hand bike (Felt) which is a small fit I'm off loading mine...it would be a good starter bike and I'm not looking for much for it. You'll need to leave it in to a bike shop just to get a few bits done but I can talk to you about that if you're interested. It's a shimano 105 groupset...well a good bit of it :dry: Anyway if you want to get a look at it let me know & no worries if you don't.

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds