Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: An Ode to my Cateye helmet !!!!!

An Ode to my Cateye helmet !!!!! 17 Jun 2015 21:19 #7234

• Ray
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 9
Ok ok.. Enough of all the sympathetic messages and get well soon blah blah blah. As you all seem to have forgotten, Brian said he expects and secretly welcomes slagging for stupidly cycling into the back of a parked truck. What about the poor truck driver sitting there eating his lunch minding his own business when 'whack' out of nowhere some clown on a push bike knocks his egg sambos into his cup of tea and stinks his cab out for the next week.
Seriously lads what Brian needs now is some honest assessments on the stupidity of his actions yesterday. Its the only way that he will learn. Some of you may think my words are a little harsh given his fragile state (I've seen worse injuries in kidzone) but trust me its for his own good.
So MAN UP Brian, stop whinging and get back into work cause we're bloody starving here and nobody can figure out how to get the oven working.

Get well very soon :P

From all your real friends in Dublin Fire Brigade.

P.S. One of the lads said he'd give you €75 for your bike..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian, michaelp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Ode to my Cateye helmet !!!!! 18 Jun 2015 07:28 #7236

• paul mahon
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 6
Brian your one lucky man speedy recovery!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

An Ode to my Cateye helmet !!!!! 18 Jun 2015 08:50 #7238

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 5
it's all starting to make sense now Mr Kenny and don't think you can deflect suspicion from yourself by trivialising my horrific accident the other day
(i) your constant checking on Strava to see if your PB's on the Wicklow to Dun Laoghaire cycles were still ahead of mine as my own times improved so dramatically on my new bike
(ii) the smell of egg sandwiches in the fire station as I started that fateful cycle the other day
(iii) "Kenny Transport" written on the side of the truck I hit, which was parked in that notorious blind spot on the N11
(iv) you lending me your "special" pair of ultra dark cycling glasses that day because it was so sunny

As for the the oven in the fire station, a lot of people have noticed you've let yourself go over the last few months and could probably do with losing a couple of stone if your to get in under 10 hours in Dublin 70.3 this August, so maybe a few lean shifts in the station will do you good.

Tell whoever made the offer if they make it €80 I'll throw n a helmet.

From YOUR only real friend in Dublin Fire Brigade ( and don't you forget it )!!!!

An Ode to my Cateye helmet !!!!! 18 Jun 2015 11:09 #7239

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 5
A big thank you to everyone for all the good wishes sent my way across all forms of messaging and this forum, over the last couple of days, they are very much appreciated !!!

Recovering well, bruising is turning a lovely dark blacky,yellowy, blue colour which contrasts nicely with the bloodshot eye and thankfully the swelling on the hand and more importantly on the face is starting to go down. My medical team have assured me my "boyish" good looks will return before too long (delusional I know....but I did bang my head you know !!!)

My bike is still with the good Samaritan who stopped for me after the accident, but spoke to him yesterday and he tells me the only obvious damage is a bent rear derailleur with no obvious cracks or breaks on the frame,he's a cyclist himself so knows the bond we have with our bikes so I'm still keeping the fingers crossed and rosary beads on the go and hoping its ok !!

Anyway thank you all once again and hopefully I won't be out of action too long and I'll see you out there in the near future !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp

An Ode to my Cateye helmet !!!!! 18 Jun 2015 12:41 #7240

• marieb
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 61
Brian only seeing this now - sounds like you are on the road to recovery you were one lucky guy. Think you have made my decision whether or not to buy a TT bike!!! Hope you are reunited with your bike very soon.

Ray for slagging him I think you should go and collect his bike for him!!!
Marie

An Ode to my Cateye helmet !!!!! 18 Jun 2015 13:43 #7242

• JDarcy1
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 164
hope to see you out again soon.

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds