Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: An Ode to my Cateye helmet !!!!!

An Ode to my Cateye helmet !!!!! 20 Jun 2015 06:05 #7261

• ConorF
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 48
Brian, you are a very lucky boy. Well done to the motorist for stopping and calling the ambulance. Whereas it's not good to be on the receiving end of emergency services, it's great for you to see how it works from the "Customers" point of view
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lift your legs, they'll fall themselves

TT Position Safety Warning 30 Apr 2016 16:57 #9675

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 95
Folks,

With the season just around the corner and TT league starting on Wednesday, I thought it was appropriate remind people of the dangers of using TT Bikes / TT bars, every year in Ireland people have life changing accidents as a result of not watching the road while in the TT position and they end up cycling in to a static vehicle.

The N11 is particularly dangerous as trucks often park up on the hard shoulder. Brian I hope you don't mind, but I have included the extract from your accident last year, to illustrate how easy this can happen, even to a very experienced Triathlete.

The key message is that you need to keep you eyes looking forward while in the TT position.

"I was cycling home along the N11 just before the garden center when as I rounded the bend I obviously wasn’t watching (this is the stupid bit !!) the road ahead while I was down on the TT bars. Not sure what I was doing that took my eyes off the road for a couple of seconds but when I looked up a big truck had materialized what seemed like 10 yards in front of me in the hard shoulder. In the split second I had to react I realised I had nowhere to go either side of the truck so I went for the brakes and waited to hit. My head quite literally bounced off the truck and my right hand took a lot of the hit as well"

Colm
WTC Safety Officer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Colm Flood.
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds